Miraca Life Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.4

Senior Billing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miraca Life Sciences (Irving, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Had to interview with 5 Managers. It was a big room to interview in, and it was also a cold room you will be interviewing in. Must come business casual and be professional at the place. Need badge access to get around everywhere in the building. Big cafe/break room to get and play ping-pong.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Lab Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miraca Life Sciences.

Interview

Interview consisted of about 15 typical interview and scenario type questions ("name a time when' and describe) and review of your resume and skill sets. Typically lasts approx. 30-45 minutes with only one Histology supervisor or team of supervisors. Afterwards a tour of the lab is offered where you are shown the process in progress from glass doors outside of the lab.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Name an experience where you had to multitask? Make a difficult decision? Make a decision without consulting a supervisor?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

NEGOTIATE. I cannot express this enough. Like most employers they will low-ball you, so be prepared to negotiate and make sure to get this in writing

Senior FIN Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Miraca Life Sciences.

Interview

Basic interview process. Two levels of interview. Work history and what you will bring to the company. Second round of interviews where wider range of people were introduced and tour.

Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Miraca Life Sciences (Irving, TX).

Interview

The process was very quick and easy. I applied on Monday morning and someone from HR called me that afternoon to talk about the Specimen Processor position. I received a follow-up call from her the next day to schedule an in-person interview for the following day. I received an offer that Friday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the base pay. Benefits, 401k, vacation all great!

Histotech Interview

Interview

It was a "Round table" interview, with 3 people asking questions. There were 3 supervisors, or 2 supervisors and 1 lead tech. After the interview, there was a tour around the facility. Mainly the lab.

Interview Questions

• Plans for the next 3-5 years; Biggest obstacle that you've had to overcome; How did you prepare for this interview; Strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miraca Life Sciences (Irving, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter from networking with her on linked in. She was VERY helpful, informative and quite honestly the most professional recruiter I have every spoken with in my career (and I have spoken with one too many). She asked me typical resume questions but then asked me about my motivations and what was important to me. Then she explained those motivations incorporating the company's information and job description. This call really gave me insight to the company and people. They flew me into DFW for an interview. It was great. She walked me around to a few hiring leaders but most importantly prepped me for the day. It was a great experience. I was told I am one of the finalists, so we will see. Overall, excellent experience.

Interview Questions

• The VP interview was a little challenging in that he challenged me (to be expected). Just know that he takes this job and company seriously, and is trying to see how one reacts to tough situations. He told me in the end he feels like I can do this job well. Be sure to close everyone.   Answer Question

Lab Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miraca Life Sciences.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone a few days later. I had one casual interview a week later-- after a couple of generic questions, it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They are very direct about what the position pays and what benefits are availible. Nothing in my offer letter surprised me.

Laboratory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Miraca Life Sciences (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. I was contacted shortly after applying for a position on the company website. A recruiter from Miraca contacted me via phone and we talked about my employment history and what I was looking for moving forward. The recruiter was really easy to talk to, and I could tell she really enjoyed her job and she was very enthusiastic about Mirca. I then was scheduled to do an onsite interview with 4 different managers. I met with each manager for 30 minutes (2 hours total). I was also shown around the lab, which was impressive. I received an offer a few days later. Throughout the process, the recruiter stayed in close contact with me, so I knew what was going on the entire time. It was great!

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the process, step by step, of Flow cytometric acquisition and analysis from start to finish. What equipment have you used in the past.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had difficulty working with a supervisor, and how did you handle this difficulty?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not really a chance to negotiate as the recruiter I was working with was very upfront about the range of salary that was being offered. She confirmed that what the company was offering was in line with my requirements prior to interviewing. I appreciated this because I knew I was not wasting my time, and I knew what to expect. Because of the clear communication, negotiating was not necessary.

Senior Billing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miraca Life Sciences (Irving, TX).

Interview

Very easy interview process. Nothing to be nervous about in my opinion. Usually 1-2 people will interview you. Interview no longer than 45 minutes. The process was nothing out of the norm.

Interview Questions

• Tell how you deal with conflict, how do you prioritize your duties, and tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you helped solve a problem.   Answer Question

EMR Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miraca Life Sciences (Irving, TX).

Interview

Short and informal. Inexperienced interviewers. Questions were not directed towards me and my past experience. Only talked about the projects needing completion. Very unprofessional interview experience. Sold me hard on the position to fill seats rather than acting like they needed to find someone who could do the job correctly. Underwhelmed to say the least.

Interview Questions

• "Do you think you can handle our projects?"   1 Answer