Misfit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Misfit Interview Questions

Interviews at Misfit

3.6

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Misfit.

Interview

Had an online coding test as the first round of the hiring process.
    3 questions - 6 hour time limit!
    Questions were puzzles to be implemented in any programming language - mainly focussed on data structures

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Misfit in April 2014.

Interview

Online application, contacted by recruiter through email.
    First round: 3 hour long coding challenge.
    Second round: two 1 hour long Skype technical interviews with software engineers

I never heard back, even after emailing the recruiter twice.

Interview Questions

• Many customers arrive the bank, so they need to queue up, waiting for service. This bank has three counters. There are two different queuing methods:

Method 1: Every counter has its independent queue. When a new customer enters the bank, he just picks the queue with the minimum number of people. And if the numbers of queues are the same, he will choose the queue with a small id.
      Method 2: Everyone wait in the unique queue outside the bank, once a counter is empty, the first customer in the queue will be served.

There are N (N <100000) customers, the Kth customer arrived at time K, and we know how much service time will be taken for everyone. Calculate the waiting time sum of everyone, and the time point when the last customer finishes his service.   Answer Question
    • You have S candies in your hands, and there are M machines in front of you. Now you can do following operations:
      1. If you have candies, you can put all your candies into the i-th machine (you can't keep any candies). Then waiting for a while, the i-th machine will return you [(Ai×n+Bi) mod P] candies if you put n candies into it.
      2. Do nothing, you still have your candies.

If your goal is to get T candies at last, what is the minimum number of times you need to operate machines?

Input Format
      Input includes several test cases. For each test case, the first line contains four non-negative integers S,T,M,P(P>0,M×P≤106).
      The following M lines contain details of M machines. For each line, there are two integers Ai, Bi.
      We guarantee every integer of input is in the range of 32-bit signed integer. The input ends by EOF.

Output Format
      For each test case, if you can get T candies at last, then output a single integer indicates the minimum number of operations. Otherwise output -1.

Sample Input: 3 1 2 4 1 1 1 2
      Sample Output: 1   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Misfit (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in February 2013.

Interview

1. Paper test, no time limit. I was asked to do the test at my best.
    2. Some phone calls going back and forth.
    3. Skype interview in more than 2 hours.
    4. Some other phone calls. I was failed and was asked if I wanted to join another position in the Software team. A yes from me.
    5. In-person talk.

Interview Questions

• Q: Design pattern: Singleton - Implementation, explanation and modification.   1 Answer
    • Q: .NET: Shallow copy vs. deep copy.   1 Answer
    • Q: Algorithm: Re-arrange pieces of shattered glass.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Misfit (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in March 2014.

Interview

I sent my resume to an email posted on their career page and got response immediately in the next few days. The communication was great; they processed the application quickly. There was a skill test they sent me that I have to complete it and sent back to them within 6 hours. The test included 3 problems on a variety of topics: graph/ dynamic programming/ tree.
    After one or two days, they emailed me back that I got an interview. The interview lasted for 2 hours, each hour with one developer to further test my understanding of data structures and algorithms. There are other questions on the courses I was currently taking at school (ex: concurrency).

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Misfit in March 2013.

Interview

I sent my resume and transcript to misfit email which I found on their website.
    Somebody at the HR contacted me immediately a couple of days later and after 2 weeks, I received my online test. There were 6 problems in total and they gave me 6 hours straight to work on it.

After that came to skype interview round. There were 2 technical engineers to interview me, each for one hour. They asked me a bunch of technical questions: compare and contrast queue, stack, and array; differentiate bfs vs. dfs, the recommendation algorithm (the one used on amazon/ebay to recommend users products), some questions about concurrent programming (since I told them I took it at school).

Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

I finished online homework, then came to their office for an interview with the HR person. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. Their office looks normal, not as professional as I expected. Actually it's quite small compare to the images.

Backend Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Misfit in November 2015.

Interview

round 1: focus on problem solving by coding some simple algorithms; discuss about technology choice (programming languages, databases, message queues), architecture design;
    round 2: ask about your current work and your career path;