Missouri Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.5

Information Systems Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation (Jefferson City, MO).

Interview

Online application submittal. One HR representative, two IT managers and two potential peers take turns asking prepared questions from a list. Questions range from technical, work experience, resume clarification and "explain a time when".

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall very good experience. Interview was with two members of HR and the head of construction. A lot of "tell me about a time when" types of questions. Got a call the next day for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how do you resolve it?   Answer Question

Construction Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation (New York, NY).

Interview

There was no interview process for the internship. I applied online with my resume and cover letter and was given an offer a few months later over the phone. Super easy process, but it would have been nice to know what there evaluation process was.

Information Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation (Jefferson City, MO).

Interview

Very easy interview, was group panel with specialist assisting. Questions asked off a preselected amount of questions to ask all candidates. Each person asked a question from technologies to questions about your resume, work history, performance, and career goals. They were specific to the Information technology questions with regards to supervisory expectations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Information Systems Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation (Jefferson City, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

4 person panel consisting of 3 MODOT managers and 1 HR manager.

1st and overview of the position and explanation of role then revolving questions.

Each manager had 5 questions each ranging from behavioral questions to direct questions of how to solve a specific problem or issue. Some were easy and one part, others were more complex two or three part questions.

Ultimately I was not chosen for the position because I was overqualified, however when they called me they referred me to another (higher) position to apply for. MODOT is first class and recommended to anyone considering working for the State of Missouri. The other state departments pale in comparison to MODOT.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a difficult situation with a manager who you might disagree with on how to complete a particular task.   1 Answer

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation (Jefferson City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied the position by online before due date. After 2-3 weeks, they called me for asking if I would be available on site interview. They do not email. For the on site interview, they asked my experiences and general questions by HR staff. After the interview, a document was provided for their benefits. After 2 weeks, they call the result of interview.

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

Walked into the district office and sat down with their head of HR, and 3 other people. One of them was the resident engineer I would be working directly under, the other was a different RE who I assume was also interviewing for inspectors under him. And the third was the district construction and materials engineer who is basically the boss of all the REs in the district. Kind of nerve racking to sit down with that many people staring at you. But they were all very nice and informal.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. No strange, out of left field questions. Stuff like "give us an example of a time where you had difficulty working with someone and how did you handle it"

They want you to tell them how you tackled problems in previous jobs or other activities to show that you are a problem solver. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Transportation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation.

Interview

Panel Interview with 3 people. Got called in for a second less formal interview. Overall it was very professional and structured. The interviewers wrote down all of my answers which was a little distracting because I felt myself talking slower do they could keep up with writing down what I was saying.

Interview Questions

• In the second interview I was handed a logic quiz that was unexpected. It was not overly hard, it was just unexpected.   Answer Question

Traffic Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation in March 2014.

Interview

It was pretty easy. Just handed them my resume and did an online application. After that, they called me to see if I wanted to accept their job offer. That was approximately 3 weeks later. They then sent me to have a drug test and buy work boots which they paid for.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation.

Interview

I spoke with a member of HR at the school career fair. I handed her my resume and answered some basic questions about my career path. She informed me that she would be contacting me for an interview. I was selected for an on campus interview two weeks later.
    I had a conflicting event with the interview date, so HR was really flexible and agreed to do a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral. Also talked about locations and positions. Past experiences, etc. Very relaxed.

I was contacted and asked to attend a district tour. I declined. MoDOT does not allow easy advancement, and has a reputation for keeping worthless employees. I simply would not be happy in this work environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your favorite class. Why was it your favorite? And how is this useful in your career?   Answer Question