Missouri University of Science and Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.2

Office Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology (Rolla, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was set at a meeting room. The Directors came in first and asked some questions about my past experience and talked about the daily routines about this role. Then they called the other members in the department to interview me together. They asked some situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this position?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever faced the situation that it is hard to explain a visitor's question?   1 Answer
    • Would you be able to learn to use new equipment in a short period of time?   1 Answer

Enterprise Database Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology (Rolla, MO).

Interview

It was a 2-round interview process. Started as 1 to 1 then followed by a group. Interviewers were pretty friendly and they didn't ask tough questions, but they checked reference closely.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology (Rolla, MO).

Interview

one full day interview - You meet with the faculty members and then you present your work and experience (around one hour - presentation and questions). You tour the facility and then you meet with the administrative body (Provost of research and Dean, etc...)

Interview Questions

• Research capacities and future goals in research funding   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology (Rolla, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

We have to e-mail professors for vacancies attaching our resume. They'll revert if interested. Then we have to pass a teaching workshop to officially get the offer. The workshop results are forwarded to the department in which we are supposed to be employed. The department then places the students according to their grades in the workshop into the vacancies available.

Manager of Student Support Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology (Rolla, MO).

Interview

Secretary contacted me to schedule an in person interview. Upon arrival, I interviewed first with the hiring manager, then with colleagues within the department, and then with the assistant vice chancellor. The hiring manager was sending text messages during the interview which was extremely unprofessional, and then the panel of department managers were either late or no-shows for that part of the interview. Only one showed up. The other one forgot, and the third didnt show up. Not getting that job was a godsend.

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter and presented my resume. Applied for the job on their website and scheduled a phone interview with them. The phone interview was with two recruiters. They asked me some questions about problem solving in the workplace, etc. and a few technical questions. This was meant to be the first of several interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe pH in layman's terms   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology (Rolla, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with scheduling a phone interview. For the phone interview, two people called me on and had me on speaker phone. They took turns asking questions for the 30 minute interview. Once that was completed, I was called to schedule an in person interview. That was conducted by 10 people at a conference table. Everyone was very nice and took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

• How does your prior experience qualify you for this position?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology (Rolla, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

I met we the prospective advisor and discussed my research interest and my work. They test your knowledge of the research subject by asking simple questions on one of the topics in the research.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

First you have to send a resume. Then if selected you will have a 30 min interview with the employer. The interviewer will ask details about the job and about your experiences related to your job.You will be given time to give your answers and it will all be written down by them so they can screen later on. And if you are selected you will be notified by mail.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can contribute to the job and how will the department benefit from it?   Answer Question

Interview

I had a face to face interview with my advisors and they give a chance to come here study and work for some companies, this is good chance to get practical skills. You should prepare well especially for your own area of study.

Interview Questions

• There would be some general questions like do you think if you will be the leader of the industry? you should be careful with your resume and your GPA since these two parts are really important as it represent your past studying.   Answer Question