Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.7

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group.

Interview

3 stages: First 2 were 30 minute phone interviews. The third was basically 3 back-to-back 30 minute skype interviews though that could have been an in-person one. We only did Skype because of scheduling conflicts. The people were very friendly.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Took roughly 3 weeks contacted once then in person interview. Interview was with four individuals at once and lasted about an hour. they also asked about the programs i used in the past

Interview Questions

• They asked about past experience and what i wanted to do in the future   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

There were three rounds. First round was a basic phone interview with the recruiter regarding my resume and experiences (30 min). Second Round was a phone call with two potential team members on speaker phone asking similar questions (30 min). Third round was three 30 minute phone interviews with members of the office where I would be working. These three in my case were a Managing Director, Director, and team member. They asked varying questions about my experiences and how I would fit into the team.

Interview Questions

• Why does this role interest you and how do you think you can fit into our team?   1 Answer

Junior Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1 phone and 2 on site interviews. The phone interview was to gauge my personality. They asked basic questions about my work history and working with Teams. 1st on site interview was with the Manager, Sr. Manger, and Director of the department. They told me what the job entailed and asked what I felt about it. They asked what do I vision this job to give to me and what my future career aspect are and how this job fits in with them. 2nd on site interview was with a supervisor that was supposed to be at the first one but wasnt. Just asked basic team questions and some background.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with doing repeated manual tasks?   Answer Question
    • Will you be able to hold up our values of integrity? Give us an example of when you did.   Answer Question
    • How did you face and resolve a conflict with fellow colleague?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple behavioral questions through HR.. Asked questions like why MUFG and why this position and whether I was willing to stay after the internship was over.
    In the second phone call, talked with the supervisor I would be working with. She asked me to walk me through my interview and then asked me how I would handle certain situations. So the first round was more behavioral and the second round was more situational questions.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview, first round a behavior interview, second round is more technical. The behavior interview is done by the HR and she ask me some general questions like why this intern and why MUFG.
    Second round I talked to a project manager and he discussed some security related ideas with me.

Cybersecurity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

Interview

They first called me for a brief 15 min initial phone screening. It was just a base test behavioral questions, by the HR. Then she scheduled me for a phone interview with the hiring manager. He called and asked for about 30 minutes straight on questions pertaining to my resume and course work and whether I did anything in database systems. They said that I was going to be called for the final interview at their office , which was a technical+behavioral interview. But i never received the mail . 3 weeks later, when i asked them about the results, the HR said she was unable to provide me the position because of my citizen status. Why select me for the 2nd round when i dont meet the qualifications? She said they found the candidate suitable for their position by referral program! -_-

Interview Questions

• Resume questions-technical of some sort   1 Answer

Analyst Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group in January 2017.

Interview

Turned off by this company because of their interview process, at the end it (I'm only assuming it is) my recruiter didn't even have the decency to let me know I didn't get the job after I invested hours to meet the team.

One of the longest interview process I've ever gone through. Their recruiting/interview process needs to be more streamed line, and to be honest they seem to have no regard of people's time.

Had a total of 6 interviews (1 phone screen, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, 1 in person with another manager, and another 3 in person with other members of the team) I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and she invited me for an in person interview with her again- so we literally had the same conversation twice.... it was a little weird because she asked me the same questions as she did during the phone interview. For my last in person interview, the recruiter asked me to come in for 3 hours. 3 HOURS- and she couldn't find a few minutes to email me to let me know the final decision.

Interview is quite straight forward with no unnecessary questions like "what are your strengths/weaknesses?" but only questions related to your experience and work style.

Vice President - Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume on the company website and received an email from the recruitment team the very next day to arrange a telephone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. Recruiter submitted my resume to the hiring manager and a face to face interview was arranged. This was a general conversation about the role and what it involved. The next few days was a series of telephone interviews with various directors. I was interviewed by four different directors and a corporate lawyer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very job specific rather than standard interview questions i.e. What relevant experience do you have about this new financial legislation that will be coming into force in April 2017?   Answer Question

Institutional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process for Mitsubishi UFJ Trust international (MUTI). Event-based. A short simple game was played to assess candidates on their suitability for the firm. Staff present were very warm and welcoming.

The same cannot be said for the CEO, Ray Winters, who was disrespectful and condescending.

Interview Questions

• Which item is more important? (Game played)   1 Answer

Felt bad for some of the candidates who tried to present their answers to the CEO during the game. They got shut down and scoffed at for their answers and response. This does not reflect well on firm's culture. Grateful for the chance to understand the firm better but will be accepting offer from another financial institution instead.