Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2017

2.8

Leasing and Asset Finance Interview

Interview

Interview through Skype. and went onsite for Superday with Los Angeles team. The first round went well. In my superday there was an analyst from Columbia Graduate School(and he said he was from CBS). He kept throwing rediculous follow-ups question and is the most arrogant person I have ever encountered. The tone and the way he asked questions were so condescending and make him seem like an MD. (it turned out he only spend 1-2 years at the firm). Very bad experience overall.

Leasing & Asset Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a campus recruiter to set up a one-on-one campus interview. I then made it to the next round where they brought me in to their office for a super day that consisted of multiple interviews with multiple members of the team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group.

Interview

online questions, phone interview with hiring manager/recruiter, and an in-person interview with management. met with operations and branch manager in a 1 on 1 interview. received offer same day as in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• /Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you resolve the problem   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

The initial process consisted of two phone interviews- one with the team I'd be working with and the other with HR; overall the process was very straight forward, I was asked questions regarding my previous experience and how I'd adapt to the role.

Interview Questions

• Which of your previous jobs did you enjoy most and why?   Answer Question

MUFG - Corporate & IB Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I currently go to school in New York, so my 1st round interview was at the MUFG office. I interviewed with an MD and a recently promoted associated - they asked fit and resume-oriented questions (not too technical). The super day was a solid experience (2 half-hour interviews). My first interview was with two directors, and my final round interview was with an MD and another Director. First super day interview asked technical questions about my resume experience. My second super day interview was highly technical, but was still tied to my resume experience. MUFG didn't delve much into valuation, but always understand DCFs, Precedent & Public Comps for all interviews (regardless of the firm).

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over any other qualified candidate?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager over WebEx for a 1/2 hour conversation. Discuss general questions like what you do for your existing company. If that person liked you; HR will setup additional interviews with their team members. I spoke with a total of 6 people. An offer was made the following week.

Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Got a call from the HR that they would set up a online webex chat with the hiring manager.
    The web ex chat is going well - talking about technical experience, knowledge when out of left field I get asked the following question:
    - Do you have a son or daughter?
    Thoughts in my head - at what point did I tell him I was a mother? Because I didn't. I'm talking about my past experience and my technical knowledge. So where did this come from.
    What do I say?
    - I answer girl. Then he asks me - Do you just have one?
    - I say just the one.
    - He then proceeds to ask me how old she is?
    - This line of questioning made me really uncomfortable. I can't believe he went personal like that. It was inappropriate. You can ask personal questions - like hobby, etc. but this was not appropriate.
    He then proceeds to mention that this job would require work beyond 9 to 5. I kind of understand why he was grilling me about having children. I think it was an incorrect assumption on his part that being a mother would deter me from working.

He turned me off from the job/organization based on his sexist views and discriminatory line of questioning. My way of thinking is - if you get harassed at the interview and you go on to take the job - then you are just asking to be the victim. Similarly knowing how they think - I didn't want to work there. I reported to HR/recruiter and turned it down. I hope that HR took note and if they hear something similar - they do something about it. Though I know places like these, the HR is usually complacent in the discriminatory practices.

Interview Questions

• Personal questions related to children. know how you want to handle this. I read that you should ideally not answer and change the subject. I froze at first but ended up answering.   Answer Question

Front Office Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Met with hiring manager and department head, about an hour of tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself, your skills and how it relates to this role and a couple brain teasers.

It was for Fixed Income front office support, they will probably read your resume on the spot as they took 10 minutes to go through my resume. They do ask you in the end how your company's traders look for opportunities (looking for trade strategies)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, experience with Fixed Income, pricing bonds and how you can provide technology to remedy problems.   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

An initial phone screen with two rounds of interviews with the direct manager and the head of risk management. After the interviews there was a negotiation of salary with the recruiter and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• basic questions regarding background and skill set for the job   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by someone from a recruiting firm. I had a talk with the recruiter and then a few weeks later i was scheduled for an interview. The recruiter ask me for my minimum salary requirement , which i explicitly gave.I had a first phone interview with the VP, the person i was going to be working under. I was not a local candidate so I had to fly to NYC for the face to face interview. I was trusting them enough to pay for my own airfare, ( my mistake).
    Interview itself was not too complicated. I was asked OO questions, MVC questions and mostly behavior questions.
    The next day i was told that i would get an offer, which i was excited about. Little did I know I had to send specifics about my base salary and bonuses in details for the past three years. WHO DOES THAT?
    That was a red flag, they want low ball me even though i told them my minimum salary.
    I declined. Later on I had a different recruiter from a different company reach out to me, I asked them for the salary it was way below what my minimum salary requirement. They wasted my time knowing that they would offer below my ask.

Interview Questions

• I was given a multiple choice paper test to complete at the end of the four round interview.   1 Answer