Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Got a call from the HR that they would set up a online webex chat with the hiring manager.
    The web ex chat is going well - talking about technical experience, knowledge when out of left field I get asked the following question:
    - Do you have a son or daughter?
    Thoughts in my head - at what point did I tell him I was a mother? Because I didn't. I'm talking about my past experience and my technical knowledge. So where did this come from.
    What do I say?
    - I answer girl. Then he asks me - Do you just have one?
    - I say just the one.
    - He then proceeds to ask me how old she is?
    - This line of questioning made me really uncomfortable. I can't believe he went personal like that. It was inappropriate. You can ask personal questions - like hobby, etc. but this was not appropriate.
    He then proceeds to mention that this job would require work beyond 9 to 5. I kind of understand why he was grilling me about having children. I think it was an incorrect assumption on his part that being a mother would deter me from working.

He turned me off from the job/organization based on his sexist views and discriminatory line of questioning. My way of thinking is - if you get harassed at the interview and you go on to take the job - then you are just asking to be the victim. Similarly knowing how they think - I didn't want to work there. I reported to HR/recruiter and turned it down. I hope that HR took note and if they hear something similar - they do something about it. Though I know places like these, the HR is usually complacent in the discriminatory practices.

Interview Questions

• Personal questions related to children. know how you want to handle this. I read that you should ideally not answer and change the subject. I froze at first but ended up answering.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

An initial phone screen with two rounds of interviews with the direct manager and the head of risk management. After the interviews there was a negotiation of salary with the recruiter and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• basic questions regarding background and skill set for the job   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by someone from a recruiting firm. I had a talk with the recruiter and then a few weeks later i was scheduled for an interview. The recruiter ask me for my minimum salary requirement , which i explicitly gave.I had a first phone interview with the VP, the person i was going to be working under. I was not a local candidate so I had to fly to NYC for the face to face interview. I was trusting them enough to pay for my own airfare, ( my mistake).
    Interview itself was not too complicated. I was asked OO questions, MVC questions and mostly behavior questions.
    The next day i was told that i would get an offer, which i was excited about. Little did I know I had to send specifics about my base salary and bonuses in details for the past three years. WHO DOES THAT?
    That was a red flag, they want low ball me even though i told them my minimum salary.
    I declined. Later on I had a different recruiter from a different company reach out to me, I asked them for the salary it was way below what my minimum salary requirement. They wasted my time knowing that they would offer below my ask.

Interview Questions

• I was given a multiple choice paper test to complete at the end of the four round interview.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst- Leasing and Asset Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Likely the worst interview I have had throughout my three years of professional career... Zero interest in the interview with awkward pauses that were the cause of a poor interviewer. Have had dozens of interviews before and none were as awkward of bland as this one. Was a second round interview (first went well).

Interview Questions

• Why MUFG / Why Leasing and Asset Finance   1 Answer

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Firstly, you get an email from a recruiter to set up a time to chat on the phone. The recruiter tells you about the company, and asks some very basic questions to gauge your personality and experience. They will only ask you about things on your resume.

Next, the recruiter sets up a phone call with one or more hiring managers. These interviews are a little higher level in nature, and require you to know more about the business, as well as about the technicalities of the role itself.

Lastly, the final interview is either in-person or via video conference. Since both of the hiring managers I spoke with were in different offices, I went into the nearest MUFG office and had a video conference with them. Again, they just review your resume, ask you about your knowledge and proficiency of the systems outlined in the job posting, and really just want to see that you're a polished professional.

Don't forget to wear a suit and tie to any of the face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions

• How proficient are you in Excel and Hyperion?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Multi-Staged interview with recruiting, peer groups, and the hiring manager. The process was thorough and the questions were a mix of both experience and behavioral with an emphasis on culture and both fitting in and being a change agent.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience - example of team building   1 Answer

Compliance PMO Senior Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied on line. Reached out to HR and contacts within the group. Promised that an interview meeting will be scheduled. Never heard back from them despite of follow up emails.

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group.

Interview

3 stages: First 2 were 30 minute phone interviews. The third was basically 3 back-to-back 30 minute skype interviews though that could have been an in-person one. We only did Skype because of scheduling conflicts. The people were very friendly.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Took roughly 3 weeks contacted once then in person interview. Interview was with four individuals at once and lasted about an hour. they also asked about the programs i used in the past

Interview Questions

• They asked about past experience and what i wanted to do in the future   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

There were three rounds. First round was a basic phone interview with the recruiter regarding my resume and experiences (30 min). Second Round was a phone call with two potential team members on speaker phone asking similar questions (30 min). Third round was three 30 minute phone interviews with members of the office where I would be working. These three in my case were a Managing Director, Director, and team member. They asked varying questions about my experiences and how I would fit into the team.

Interview Questions

• Why does this role interest you and how do you think you can fit into our team?   1 Answer