Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.8

Analyst Interview

Interview

Took roughly 3 weeks contacted once then in person interview. Interview was with four individuals at once and lasted about an hour. they also asked about the programs i used in the past

Interview Questions

• They asked about past experience and what i wanted to do in the future   Answer Question

Junior Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1 phone and 2 on site interviews. The phone interview was to gauge my personality. They asked basic questions about my work history and working with Teams. 1st on site interview was with the Manager, Sr. Manger, and Director of the department. They told me what the job entailed and asked what I felt about it. They asked what do I vision this job to give to me and what my future career aspect are and how this job fits in with them. 2nd on site interview was with a supervisor that was supposed to be at the first one but wasnt. Just asked basic team questions and some background.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with doing repeated manual tasks?   Answer Question
    • Will you be able to hold up our values of integrity? Give us an example of when you did.   Answer Question
    • How did you face and resolve a conflict with fellow colleague?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple behavioral questions through HR.. Asked questions like why MUFG and why this position and whether I was willing to stay after the internship was over.
    In the second phone call, talked with the supervisor I would be working with. She asked me to walk me through my interview and then asked me how I would handle certain situations. So the first round was more behavioral and the second round was more situational questions.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview, first round a behavior interview, second round is more technical. The behavior interview is done by the HR and she ask me some general questions like why this intern and why MUFG.
    Second round I talked to a project manager and he discussed some security related ideas with me.

Vice President - Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume on the company website and received an email from the recruitment team the very next day to arrange a telephone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. Recruiter submitted my resume to the hiring manager and a face to face interview was arranged. This was a general conversation about the role and what it involved. The next few days was a series of telephone interviews with various directors. I was interviewed by four different directors and a corporate lawyer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very job specific rather than standard interview questions i.e. What relevant experience do you have about this new financial legislation that will be coming into force in April 2017?   Answer Question

Institutional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process for Mitsubishi UFJ Trust international (MUTI). Event-based. A short simple game was played to assess candidates on their suitability for the firm. Staff present were very warm and welcoming.

The same cannot be said for the CEO, Ray Winters, who was disrespectful and condescending.

Interview Questions

• Which item is more important? (Game played)   1 Answer

Felt bad for some of the candidates who tried to present their answers to the CEO during the game. They got shut down and scoffed at for their answers and response. This does not reflect well on firm's culture. Grateful for the chance to understand the firm better but will be accepting offer from another financial institution instead.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a college career fair. Took about a month to get in contact with me. First interview was with the recruiter and the second interview was with the senior project manager. Both interviews were on the phone. Interviews were mostly getting to know me as well as behavioral questions.

CIB Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Really relaxed interview process. Some current event questions, particularly on how events would effect different parts of their business. Didn't receive anything on accounting or technical knowledge. Knowing "why MUFG" and why I am interested in specific groups was important. Super day consisted on two 30 min two-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• When we go to our meeting later today to discuss the candidates, why are we going to say we should hire you?   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Monterey Park, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Lack of communication -

Recruiters do not call you. If they are interested in you as candidate, they will email you. Hence check you inbox and spam folder daily. If you followed up via telephone, the recruiter will only respond back to you via email. It can take days, if not weeks for the recruiter to reply to your message. The whole process is slow moving - anticipate at least 4 months (from submission to final interview) There were 4 interviews total all scheduled via email (2 telephone and 2 in person) After the final interview and several correspondences later, it took three weeks for the recruiter and hiring manager to notify me....

Interview Questions

• Tell me alittle bit about your background   1 Answer

Cyber Security Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group.

Interview

Recruiter was polite. Interview was 2 hours long and consisted of 4 team members and then hiring manager. Was told I would hear back within a week with their decision however I never received a response after interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe OSI model and security devices at each layer. Describe NAT/PAT. Encryption versus compression. IP vs URL. Web Application Firewall. Use CentOS to find IP address. Use Wireshark to find .exe file   Answer Question