Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Intern (Derivatives Trading/Structuring) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Intern (Derivatives Trading/Structuring) Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (City of London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International (subsidiary of MUFG) were quick to respond to my application, sending me online tests after a couple of days (I applied at turn of year). After passing these, I had a phone interview 1-2 weeks after. The interview was very well balanced; a good 30-45 minutes to genuinely get to know you. Questions ranged from "why our institution", "why you", just a couple of competencies, one work-based comptetency, a couple of reasonable maths questions, a couple of reasonable economics questions ("what are two way that a bank raises capital", "explain what you know by the term QE" so nothing needing an economics degree), and a chance to ask questions. The assessment centre was around two weeks later, and like the phone interview held special emphasis on personality. In the morning was an investment game, in the afternoon a 1-1 interview. My experience of the people was that they were friendly, and the atmosphere outside of the interview group was still fairly friendly and relaxed. A few days after the assessment centre, I received a call asking me to come in for a final interview with the business area leaders who were interested in me. I had two interviews the day after and only an hour after I got home I got a call with an offer. My general experience was of a friendly HR team and friendly set of bankers. Successful applicants probably always have a positive bias, but for sure I felt their attitude at interview allowed me to come into my own.

Interview Questions

• Describe what happened to cause the financial crisis, in a couple of minutes, as if you were telling it, to say, your grandmother.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Internships aren't particularly negotiable - this was my first offer so I just took it.