Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.8

Compliance PMO Senior Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied on line. Reached out to HR and contacts within the group. Promised that an interview meeting will be scheduled. Never heard back from them despite of follow up emails.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter initiated, then head of Division in-person interview. Only 2 persons showed up (there was supposed to be a panel of 3). I don't think they had a genuine interest in being there, therefore I don't recommend interviewing there.

Interview Questions

• Very poor attention given, their SBA division head seems disorganized, disinterested and frankly, not up to his [hers] job. I do not recommend applying or interviewing with Union Bank.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Processus classique et sympathique. Employés à l'écoute et aimable.
    Entretien par Skype puis ensuite en vis-à-vis.
    Questions de difficultés moyennes mais adaptées.
    Je suis passé par 3 rounds différents Pour enfin avoir une réponse. Flexibilité.
    Hiérarchie bien organisée.
    Le poste propose n'était pas bien explique en ligne mais il m'a ensuite été détaille de bonne façon.
    Contrat signé et renvoyé.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Multi-Staged interview with recruiting, peer groups, and the hiring manager. The process was thorough and the questions were a mix of both experience and behavioral with an emphasis on culture and both fitting in and being a change agent.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience - example of team building   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

- Applied online with my CV and a few basic questions about my background.
    - After completing 3 competency tests, was invited to a phone interview lasting around 30 minutes.
    - Interview was pretty average except in the last 10 minutes where they really increased the difficulty of the questions.

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Firstly, you get an email from a recruiter to set up a time to chat on the phone. The recruiter tells you about the company, and asks some very basic questions to gauge your personality and experience. They will only ask you about things on your resume.

Next, the recruiter sets up a phone call with one or more hiring managers. These interviews are a little higher level in nature, and require you to know more about the business, as well as about the technicalities of the role itself.

Lastly, the final interview is either in-person or via video conference. Since both of the hiring managers I spoke with were in different offices, I went into the nearest MUFG office and had a video conference with them. Again, they just review your resume, ask you about your knowledge and proficiency of the systems outlined in the job posting, and really just want to see that you're a polished professional.

Don't forget to wear a suit and tie to any of the face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions

• How proficient are you in Excel and Hyperion?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst- Leasing and Asset Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Likely the worst interview I have had throughout my three years of professional career... Zero interest in the interview with awkward pauses that were the cause of a poor interviewer. Have had dozens of interviews before and none were as awkward of bland as this one. Was a second round interview (first went well).

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

An initial phone screen with two rounds of interviews with the direct manager and the head of risk management. After the interviews there was a negotiation of salary with the recruiter and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• basic questions regarding background and skill set for the job   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by someone from a recruiting firm. I had a talk with the recruiter and then a few weeks later i was scheduled for an interview. The recruiter ask me for my minimum salary requirement , which i explicitly gave.I had a first phone interview with the VP, the person i was going to be working under. I was not a local candidate so I had to fly to NYC for the face to face interview. I was trusting them enough to pay for my own airfare, ( my mistake).
    Interview itself was not too complicated. I was asked OO questions, MVC questions and mostly behavior questions.
    The next day i was told that i would get an offer, which i was excited about. Little did I know I had to send specifics about my base salary and bonuses in details for the past three years. WHO DOES THAT?
    That was a red flag, they want low ball me even though i told them my minimum salary.
    I declined. Later on I had a different recruiter from a different company reach out to me, I asked them for the salary it was way below what my minimum salary requirement. They wasted my time knowing that they would offer below my ask.

Interview Questions

• I was given a multiple choice paper test to complete at the end of the four round interview.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

it was a good interview with two interviewer and two stage process for both in one day. they tried to relax the atmosphere and helped me to show my knowledge as much as i can.