Mitsubishi UFJ Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.6

Securities Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ (New York, NY).

Interview

Not sure how to get your foot in the door. I used a temp agency and eventually was promoted to Securities Technician. Although I did interview a few people FOR the position.

The usual:
    -Strengths
    -Weaknesses
    -Show dedication and that you want to stay for a while (You can have a 5 year plan, but don't have a 6 month plan) - this one is important
    -Be sincere. I could tell the difference between those who were being themselves and those who were selling themselves. Although not everyone else could.
    -Have stories and examples ready (problem solving, leadership, resolved a difficult situation)
    -Be excited about the position and the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered a very low salary. I argued up very, very little. Very good benefits and decent profit sharing (matching?) program.

Institutional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Serangoon (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ (Serangoon (Singapore)).

Interview

Be aware of the name difference when you are offered an interview. There is a department called Mitsubishi UFJ International Trust ("MUTI") under Mitsubishi UFJ group. This MUTI has two locations- London and Singapore. I was approached by a headhunter to interview for fixed income institutional sales role under MUTI's Singapore office.
    Interview was conducted via video conferencing with their London based CEO. If you read other interview reviews below on fixed income sales, you will find that almost everyone mentioned about this CEO guy.
    He asked lots of personal questions about my family, my parents' jobs etc. After given the answer that my parents are retired, he still continued to ask what they did before retirement. And the personal questions continues till the end of the short 15-minutes interview. Zero technical knowledge is asked, zero market knowledge is asked and zero answers from him when I asked about how the company and sales desk setup(mind you that it seems MUTI is different from the Mitsubishi UFJ bank). He was the most unprofessional interviewer I have ever met in my banking career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your parents and what they do? So what did they do before their retirement?
      Zero technical questions, all personal questions.   Answer Question

Fixed Income Institutional Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

3 stage process with desk head, CEO and HR.
    No finance related questions, all personal. He thinks he is somewhat of a phycology guru and his favorite question being "would someone want to sit next to you at a dinner party?" Whoever would get a seat next to him would be bored out of their brain..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard.

Institutional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

The most bizarre and unprofessional interview process I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. First round with the head of sales, who was well prepared and conducted a standard, informative and enjoyable interview, asking questions about my experience, transferable skills and career aspirations. All went well and I was called back for a second with the CEO, who is one of the most obnoxious individuals I have ever met and seemingly believes he is on the interview panel of The Apprentice.

Opening questions included "what does your father do", "what does your mother do" and "what does your husband do". He continued in the same vein, asking if I was privately educated, what my brother in law and sister do and the impact on my marriage of a secondment abroad. Worryingly, HR sat there, quietly accepting of these deeply personal and irrelevant questions.

I withdrew my application after the interview. I have no idea how the head of sales works with that man but I'm quite certain I couldn't.

Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Group interview, group activities (prioritising needs from a list of items when shipwrecked etc), personality test and questions. CEO was present, alongside HR and a few others. Very easy going, applied via Milkround. Appears a very motivating company to work for; the CEO likes to give on the spot job interviews to correct answers to his questions.

Interview Questions

• Order in terms of priority, from a list of items, their importance in survival in a shipwreck. (U.S. Navy Exercise)   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

3 rounds. first with the CEO and senior manager, then an interview with the team, then a morning of shadowing. The CEO is vile. Unprofessional. He put me off from taking the position.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, personality questions. Personal life questions. CV.   Answer Question

Interview

The hiring process is through a recruiting firm. There were two interviews with the Bank's hiring managers; the interviews were conducted via online video calls since I live abroad. The hiring managers were kind and friendly, and they were hard working people. Most questions they asked in the interviews were about my experience and my skills related to the job; the interviews were time-efficient.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked about a country's economic situations when I did my previous job.
      I suggest candidates stay informed about current events besides analyzing job description.   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ (Tokyo (Japan)) in November 2012.

Interview

More than 7 rounds of interviews, question was not difficult at all

Interview Questions

• All questions looks into your motivation, team working and ability to handle multiply tasks   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer with my expectation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ (Tokyo (Japan)) in September 2010.

Interview

Met boss first at a seminar and the process took over 6 months after we initially started talking about my moving to MUMMS. It was a tedious process of many lunches and coming in before work to talk about things that I have already talked about with the same persons. Questions were not so difficult and just consisted of content of job sort of questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.