Mitsui Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

3.1

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mitsui (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

It took a few weeks to set up the interview. Interview itself was fine and people were friendly. However, the decision making process it entirely too long. Did not hear from the org for weeks only to be told that they shelved the position entirely

Interview Questions

• They requested to have an business conversation in a different language.   1 Answer

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitsui (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, who handled the scheduling and logistics. Went three rounds with Mitsui, first with UK Compliance Head and local CEO, second with the Business, third with UK Business Head and UK CAO, fourth was a conference call with the UK Compliance Head and local CEO again.

Everyone was nice and professional, and the Compliance Head and the CEO went out of their way to ensure that the job expectations were clearly communicated.

After final round, recruiter discussed compensation expectations. As a result, I decided to withdraw from the process before offer process by advising CEO and thanking him for his time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why do you want to pursue a career in Compliance (versus going to work for a law firm)? Walk us through a challenge at work that you successfully overcame. What is your Compliance-style - are you a like a "cop on the beat"?   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mitsui in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted by email, then scheduled first interview, the process consist of about 3 interviews in total. The interviews are group interview style with several members of the team, some in person and some joined video conference.

Interview Questions

• What was some of the key qualifications for the perfect candidate   Answer Question

Purchaser Interview

Interview

Interview 3 times before signing contract. Met a lot people from many different department. Each interview lasted for more than 30 minutes. Then got oral offer. Then signed contract. The whole process lasted for a long time.

Senior Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitsui (Houston, TX).

Interview

1-2 interviews, with GM and or HR

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions...pretty basic. Understand INCOTERMS   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotiation with a Japanese company

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsui (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

1. Applied Online
    2. I received a phone call for initial screening with recruiter. I took about 40 min at recruiter's office.
    3. 1 on 1 interviews with HR Manager at Mitsui's office.

No offer

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitsui (Nashville, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a sound experience. Average questions about skills and experience such as explain a routine day, where you a team player, did you have any situation you could not handle? if yes, how did you handle it? What would previous employer say about you?

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mitsui in February 2009.

Interview

interview was very simple. Asked some Translation from Japanese in English.

GMHR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Interview

Two meetings - one with local staff including the local CEO and one with regional staff including CHRO. One conducted face to face and one conducted via video conferencing - me in Sydney and the CHRO in Singapore.

Trader Commodities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mitsui (Kolkata (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Mitsui & Co Managers asked me to introduce myself and many personal questions like if I have a girlfriend, or if I know Bengali language and how many times a year I travel to Kolkata. Interview lasted for more than 1 hour including questions from the Japanese guy. The Japanese guy was very courteous and didn't ask silly questions if how many times a year I visit Kolkata or not. Mitsui in Kolkata is made up of Stupid people who are only die hard Bengalis. They don't need Skills or Experience or Exposure but what all they want is Bengali persons in their Kolkata branch only. Please do not attend Mitsui interview in Kolkata if you are not Bengali because they are partial, very partial.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you learn Chinese when you had been to china   1 Answer
    • What commodities have you traded and what commodities are you specialised in   1 Answer
    • How can you communicate with our various clients in Kolkata when you don't know Bengali   1 Answer
    • What qualities or experiences do you have that we should hire you   1 Answer