Mizuho Financial Group Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview with HR (mostly behavioral type questions), followed by an interview with three different groups that had individual discretion about whether or not to hire me. The interview with HR was pretty short (between 15 and 20 minutes), the interview with each individual group lasted around an hour, some ran slightly over, others slightly under.

Interview Questions

• What are typical adjustments made to EBITDA?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, then two onsite visits. Each visit had multiple one on one interviews. Most of the interview was checking technical chops and fit within the team.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first thing you change if your were to take this position today?   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

He was very honest about his expectations, which seemed on the more intense end of the spectrum. He asked very pointed questions, and seemed like he was trying to catch me off guard or make me uncomfortable. He asked a few basic finance and accounting statement-related questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds, one with HR, one with Dept. head. I applied to the investment banking team in Hong Kong. People are very nice and willing to answer your inquiries. Positive exp. overall.

Interview Questions

Mizuho Financial Group Response

Jan 13, 2017

We are glad you had a positive experience!

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

On Campus Interview followed by Final Round. Final round consisted of about 4 interviews with various members of the team at the bank. Questions were mostly technical with very few behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Explain how depreciation flows through the financial statements.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Did a first round interview that was mainly informational (considering I was younger than expected for the role at the time). Staff was very helpful, and wanted to maintain a long-term relationship.

Interview Questions

• Why Mizuho? (wording may vary, but that was the point).   Answer Question

EQ Trading Applications Support Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was Telephonic Interview. The hiring manager told me that I was the first one to be interviewed. It was good 45 minutes interview with many technical questions. I had buy side experience. After interview, I followed up with recruiter and I was told that hiring manager changed the requirement and required sell side experience.. Hiring manager could have been open to different perspective and what value could have been brought but looks like he wasn't ready.

Interview Questions

• Sell side reporting questions, Market making and high level functional / technical questions (like FIX Tags, SQL which I answered correctly)   Answer Question

Acquisition Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

The online application process and preliminary phone are standard and relatively easy. The in-office interview involves a three hour long interview in which the lower level employees hammer you on technical questions. These involved standard walk-me through... (financial statement) questions and more technical M&A related questions. The higher ups tend to focus more on fit and personality.

Interview Questions

Mizuho Financial Group Response

Oct 13, 2016 – AVP, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Product Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Slightly informal interview. Preparation was key. I showed interest in the job and remained involved, asked questions, took notes and kept eye contact. The interviewers were very friendly. The job description was a little advanced for a college student with no work experience but they did a good job of explaining the positions role in the overall operations of the business. Familiarize yourself with global operations and parent organization in Japan!!!

Systems Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Got a pre-screen call from HR where I was asked basic questions about why I was interested in the position. Set up a date over the phone for an in-person interview.
    2. 4 short interviews (~20 minutes each), first with the person I talked with over the phone, then 3 developers who asked me more technical questions
    No technical quizes, just asked me about my skills, experience, and GPA.

Interview Questions

Mizuho Financial Group Response

May 9, 2016 – AVP, Human Resources

Thank you for your review.