MobiTV Interview Questions in Emeryville, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career fair and a few days later received a phone interview with a senior engineer. About a week later received the onsite invite. Onsite was at the Emeryville HQ where you will go through a series of interviews with different engineers reviewing everything from your past work experience to DS&A questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very friendly, straightforward, quick process. Standard phone screening, which led to a 3/4 hour onsite interview, where I got to meet the engineering team and interviewed with 2 of the engineers.

Interview Questions

• Some sample questions:
      1. how to traverse a BST: iteratively and recursively
      2. comparison between map and set and list classes   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

At the time, they were hiring at a fast rate so the interview process was just a phone interview. I got a call after my friend forwarded my resume to his manager. We talked for 30min over the phone and he was happy and brought me in.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

- Got a call from technical recruiter. He asked me about my background.
    - After 2 days phone interview with the manager. He asked me some basic concepts about Java, MySQL and University projects.
    - I received a mail from recruiter after my telephone interview, saying they would like to schedule an onsite interview.
    - Onsite interview lasted for 3 hours.
    - 5 rounds of interview.
    - Received an offer after a week.

Interview Questions

• - Java and MySQL basics
      - Design question which involved doubly linked list and hashmap
      - Rotate an array
      - Design pattern
      - Some basic questions on mongodb.
      - College projects
      - Java 7 vs Java 8
      - Inorder traversal of bst
      - Sorting algorithm
      - Scalability problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They presented the product to me and introduced me to the technologies that they use. Afterwards, I met with two people from the server side team. I was asked java questions and basic programming questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to return whether or not a string is an anagram.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

At the beginning, I talked to Mobi TV at a career fair and Gregg Hansen got back to me within a week. There was a 4 hour long on-site interview with 3 employees.

Interview Questions

• Write a swap function without any temporary variables.

Make a ticketing scheduler (uses a queue). It should have a function to get the first and number of people, and a delete function.

Implement Binary Tree Search.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

First interview was a phone screen with senior or lead engineer was some technical questions
    On-site interview was a pre-selected list of current employees as interviewers. Problems posed on whiteboard or just discussion by engineers and engineering managers, hiring manager, and with the hiring VP to discuss high level problems.

Interview Questions

• Write the easiest sorting algorithm you can
      Pre-order tree traversal
      Implement a priority queue
      How would you implement Facebook   Answer Question

Mobile App Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I apply through my university career center website and got an email from the hiring manager, asking my availability for phone screen. The phone screen was technical and a few minutes after, I was called again for an onsite interview. For the onsite interview, I spoke with 6 different current employees, all of them asking technical questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

easy

Interview Questions

• Questions: What's a many to many relationship, inner and outer join, difference between inheritance and polymorphism, difference between set, list, map   Answer Question

Got better offer

NOC Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple, just show basic competency in the technologies used and the ability to troubleshoot and escalate when you are fairly sure that you are unable to resolve the issue in a reasonable amount of time.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just know basic Linux commands and you should be fine.   Answer Question