Moda Operandi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Moda Operandi

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY).

Interview

I went in and met with someone from HR. She gave me a run down about what the company is about and what they finished working on, she explained some general roles and what I would essentially be doing if I got the internship and asked about my background and how I learned about the company. That same day I met with the fashion editor and she asked me about my background and explained to me what her intern would be doing (which was having an actual learning experience and not going on coffee runs). I got a tour of the office and met some people from the studio team which I thought was very nice. I wanted to intern at Moda for a while so even if I didn't get the internship I was happy to meet people there and see their offices.

Interview Questions

• -How did you learn about Moda?
      -What are your interest (in the fashion industry & in general; I think this was to get a better feel of which department would be best bc maybe you thought you wanted to do something and a different dept. better fit)
      - Questions about your resume   Answer Question

Buying Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Moda Operandi.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. No phone screening/interview, I just came in and met with someone from HR and then the buying director. Each person interviewed me for ~30min back to back. Both were very friendly and did not ask anything unusual/difficult. However, after the buying director asked about my familiarity with Excel, it felt like I lost the position before I even had a chance because his tone drastically changed from energetic/upbeat to very serious and straight-faced.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moda Operandi.

Interview

Was contacted by the hiring manager via LinkedIn. We had a quick phone call the next day to discuss the role and review my experience. She was very professional and the conversation went well.

Was invited for an in person interview the following week. Unfortunately they started my interview over 40 minutes late. There's no waiting room / area, just a couch next to reception that faces the open floor plan layout.

When the interview did start, I met with the hiring manger, the team head, and an HR rep one-on-one for about 15 minutes each. I was supposed to meet with an additional senior manager, but due to the 40 minute late start, that person was no longer available to meet with me which was disappointing. I felt the conversations went well and the hiring manager expressed enthusiasm. I was told they'd be in touch early the following week with next steps.

I sent my thank you notes and waited. Over a week later, still no news. I followed up and then received a standard rejection notice from the HR rep. I thanked HR for the opportunity and asked if there was any feedback they could share, but unfortunately I never received a response.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, give examples of projects / campaigns you worked on, strengths, why I was interested in the role, etc. Pretty standard questions, no surprise curveballs. Felt like two conversations and good report.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

A phone screen and then ghosted by human resources.

The human resources team is incredibly unprofessional. Human resources ignored my emails and resume submissions for a year. Finally, I reached out to human resources via email and they randomly called me directly and spoke with me. They denied me a position I was beyond qualified for, and gave me the usual "we'll keep you in mind".

The Human resources team had to profusely say "thank for understanding" because they knew they were denying me an opportunity to interview when I was more then qualified for the position --- shows they are not an equal opportunity employer. They come up with incredibly stupid excuses, thinking their applicants are dumb (Which shows their stupidity).

After two more follow ups for other roles in a 3 month span after speaking with HR about the marketing manager role re-opening, I reached out again this week via phone and email. I was ghosted again.

These are the type of HR reps that companies should stay clear from. The unethical behavior, rudeness, lack of thoughtfulness, and the bad sterotypes of fashion people.

This is a horrible representation of the Moda Operandi brand, and it will make certain people not want to work for them or do any type of business with them down the line. The owner has a reputation of being a very kind and professional woman, however, I wonder is she knows the type of personality her HR team displays on a monthly basis?

This is this type of behavior that puts the fashion industry in a bad light and leaves a bad taste in the mouths of outsiders.

No wonder why people in the corporate and tech world think fashion people are idiots --- when they behave like ignorant people and make dumb hiring and professional decisions, can you blame them?

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I found the job through the Moda Operandi website and applied through their platform. About four days later, the HR manager reached out through email. A few days later we had a phone interview which lasted for about twenty minutes. After a couple of days I talked to the senior merchandiser of the department through the phone as well and got an offer after a couple of days.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process is pretty easy, you will first talk with HR through the phone (20-30 min), the question is more job requirement-based. Followed by a face-to-face interview, which is more a tour in the main office.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Two in person interviews. The first one was with the manager who I would be directly reporting to. She seemed interested in me as a candidate and excited about the experience I brought to the table. The second interview was with her boss. He was very difficult to establish a rapport with and was a bit standoffish. I left he interview feeling pretty sure that I did not get the job.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moda Operandi in March 2019.

Interview

Contacted for an interview and never received confirmation so I followed up and they threw time on my calendar without asking for my availability then they never showed up to the call. Extremely unprofessional.

Product Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Moda Operandi.

Interview

Once in touch with the right HR person, it was fine. Except then I interviewed with the hiring manager who didn’t seem to know his a** from his elbow, I realized that this company is doomed. This person not only asked the most inane questions but when I asked him to describe his approach to product development, he stumbled and muttered his way through his response. Not surprised after having read his linked in profile. I don’t work there but as others have said and I have to agree, this company should be renamed Moda Titanic!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Nice place, friendly people. They asked me to prepare a presentation, which i did. It included product ideas. They were very interested in obtaining a copy of the presentation but after that, i never heard back. It seems borderline unethical to take someones work and never follow up with them. It was as if they were never hiring for the position but rather just in search of product ideas they could take from people who thought they were interviewing for a position. I put a lot of work into preparing for the interview and never heard back from them even though they told me my presentation was excellent and that I interviewed very well and would be considered a top candidate for the role.

Interview Questions

• I prepped a lot for this interview and did not encounter any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question