Model N Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Model N Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2016

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The interview process included several rounds, each with a different purpose. In person interviews, phone interviews, and case study questions were all included. All interviewers were very nice and genuinely cared about insuring the candidates were the right fit for the position and company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Model N

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Model N in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online then 2 weeks later received email to setup phone screens.
    Recruiter was nice and professional. Manager difficult and hostile.
    Blind sided me with questions over languages I programmed in 20 years ago.
    Why remember old technology and demote my skill set? I was not happy with phone screen
    because I told the hiring manager I didn't want to continue the interview. The manager
    pressured me to continue the interview so he could turn around and turn me down.
    Corrupt interview tactics by the manager which I don't understand.

Interview Questions

• Can you show me how you would design a database from scratch normalized to 3rd level?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N.

Interview

1 Phone Interview and 1 in-person interview

Took a different job

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Model N.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews with another consultant and the hiring manager (Senior Corporate Manager). Straight forward short interviews resulting in an offer.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall any difficult questions but, Senior Manager was not open and honest about the difficulties the department/company has.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for $5/hr more than offered and it was accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Irvine, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was very standard. Typical questions around previous experience and skill set.

Second Round: More behavioral interview questions. Fairly typical. Easy.

Third Round: Asked to perform an analysis on dummy data set and present to the team. This was more difficult, but as long as you are able to back up your claims with data and present a good argument, then you are good to go.

I was also asked to demonstrate my excel skills by replicating a dashboard from another set of dummy data.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Model N (Waltham, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Data analysis case study
    Solve a Mathematical problem
    Present business analysis finding

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Princeton, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

It's a very casual interview process that involves many rounds of phone interviews with varying members of the division you are interviewing for. If all goes well you move on to the in person super day interview on site which usually consists of three one on one or two 2-1 interviews back to back lasting one hour each. Questions are primarily about past employment and how it relates to this new position. They like to see that you enjoy working with software and are interested in the revenue management side of the pharmaceutical industry. Technical know how is not a requirement but is a plus.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was non negotiable.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Model N (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Applied for salesforce consultant.
    Started with telephonic technical, then f2f technical, managerial, director, HR. BEST PART IS THEY HAVE FINISHED THE WHOLE INTERVIEW PROCESS IN 3 HRS. i likedit bcoz other companies take 6 days easily..

Interview Questions

• Most of them are technical related to dalesfodce.
      Even in managerial round they have asked the performance tuning and all...
      Overall it went well.
      1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

There were total 5 rounds. 2 technical , 1 manager , 1 director ,1 hr round. Technical round was little tricky . They are basically checking the logical and analytical thinking.

Interview Questions

• Asked to develop mapping for scd4 , partitioning , pushdown optimization and other basic sql queries   1 Answer

Declined as the package was not up to expectations

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Model N (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewer had bad concepts and as he was on the employer side he was trying to be a hero.
    He was asking irrelevant questions.
    He asked me a question and the funny thing is he didn't know the answer.
    I recently did a presentation on that topic and when I answered it he told 'no its wrong'. I laughed(not loudly) at his face.
    Later he discussed a topic and I answered what I knew. I assumed that I am wrong as he is the interviewer but later when I reached home and searched it again I got angry as that so called interviewer was wrong on that also. He behaved as if he was a champion.
    The interviews should not be handled by juniors.
    Seriously that guy was ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• How to delete records from a data warehouse?   1 Answer