Model N Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very welcomed by the receptionist. I was supposed to be greeted by the recruiter, wait for 15 minutes and realized the recruiter wasn't even in the office. Interview with the hiring manager went really well. Afterwards, I was left in the conference room. I think the hiring manager thought recruiting would take care of me, but no one came for me. So I checked in with the front desk again to make sure I was good to go. The second interview, I was juggled around a couple times. I was supposed to see 3 people: the recruiter and 2 executives. 1 executive had to cancel and the recruiter didn't show up again. The recruiting coordinator came both times to help me after waiting so long. The recruiter followed up and said I did great and she'll get back to me. I waited 3 weeks and decided to just call her to find out the news. It's too bad, I really liked the hiring manager, but I'm more disappointed in the candidate experience. An email would've been nice and at least the recruiting department to care more about their candidates onsite. Kudos to the receptionist for being so hospitable!

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially, I didn't really apply - just handed my resume to a recruiter at a career fair and they contacted me and asked me to apply. Recruiter was very friendly and easy-going, but the interview process seems to be a bit disorganized. They put up a facade of having an established systematic interview process, but there is definitely room for improvement...

Step 1 - quick phone screen with recruiter; she forgot to call me the first time and we had to reschedule.
    Step 2 - another quick phone screen with an associate consultant AND a "case exam" that was administered via DropBox/email - it was basically a test of simple business/data analysis skills and basic business-y Excel functions.
    Step 3 - a final "interview day" at the office where, according to the schedule sent by the recruiter, I was supposed to spend time with all the other interviewees, have lunch, and have chats with the vice presidents (or other higher-ups, I don't remember specifically). None of this happened. I basically sat alone in a small room for hours while three employees (one was a senior consultant - the "real" interviewer, the other two were not consultants, more tech people) intermittently came in and informally interviewed me. One of the tech guys did not want to interview me at all, and at one point he became completely silent and started blankly staring at me. A few minutes later he said he was testing my comfort with silence...

Interview Questions

Model N Response

Apr 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Wow, this was a horrible experience for you - thank you for bringing it to our attention. Obviously, we want all our candidates to have a positive introduction to Model N. Your remarks have been... More

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Lengthy. Several interviews including phone and onsite. I also had to return multiple times because members of the team were not in the office like scheduled to conduct the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with executives?   1 Answer

User Experience Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews with the supervisor, came in to meet the group and brainstorm some design and research questions, submit examples of past work. I gave a presentation about a past research project I conducted and how it was translated to design of an app at a different company. We discussed the pros and cons of how things were conducted and i suggested improvements for a repeat.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a product to 'configure' a burger? (like, cheese, vegetables, sauces, buns, type of meat, etc.)   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone Screening by HR
    Phone Screening by Director : Very short interview, to the point standard questions such as Why PM, how many years of experience, Something you don't like about PM.

1st In person Interview : 1 Director PM, 1 Hiring Manager, 1 VP PM, 1 Engineering Director, In depth detailed interview 3 case studies of developing 3 products

2nd in person interview: A complete case study end to end of developing a website, some UI interactions and mockup skills needed.

Interview Questions

• If you know about yourself, know about your company, no question is difficult. Very standard case studies that you will do in MBA   Answer Question

User Experience Design Lead/Architecvt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted directly by their in-house recruiter. She was interested in moving forward after our initial conversation and scheduled an interview visit for the following week. The time/date didn't work out, so we agreed to reschedule. Crickets for a few weeks, although the recruiter said she'd schedule the interviews for the following week. I had given up when she called again out of nowhere and with no warning, wanting to schedule the interview again. OK, fine. When I arrived for the interview, I waited about 10 minutes for the recruiter to appear, which already cut into the scheduled interview time (it was only scheduled for 1 hour). I was led into the main office area to a messy conference room, then left alone for another few minutes. Since I had been asked to present my work to the interview group, I set up my laptop, figured out all of the logistics myself, and erased enough of the completely full whiteboard (the only surface on which to project) to use for the interview. I was joined by the hiring manager, head of Product Management, and an engineer. We walked through a few of my examples and things seemed to go well. I asked to see their project, which they were happy to share. We ran 20 minutes late (they were driving at this point), no sign of the recruiter, then the hiring manager walked me to the door. Casual and positive conversation and a little discussion about next steps.

And that is where it ended. I contacted the recruiter for feedback the next day. She didn't respond. Tried again, and again no response. After a third attempt, I had no desire to associate with this completely unprofessional bunch.

Interview Questions

• Something about how to get to consensus on design decisions, not a very challenging or well informed question.   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Round 01

Recruiter contacted my from my application on Linkedin. Did not ask for whether it was good time to talk, and started asking questions majorly to do with my experience working with cross functional team, my decision to take up a design career, and about my current product. Asked to have a look a current examples of work, which I did share via email. Most of the questions asked were standard.

The recruiter spoke about two positions, and said that my profile fitted in well for both roles.

Round 02
    Set up for a phone interview with the Technical Director for 45 minutes. The technical director was more interested in how I worked with team, in the past as well as my current project. Asked me to walkthrough one of the projects on my portfolio. The questions focused majorly on people management, than design. We ran out of time, and I did not get a chance to ask any questions and the conversation ended pretty abruptly.

The recruiter wrote to me asking if I did have my conversation with the Director. Did write a couple of mails to the recruiter asking for a follow up, but no response till date. Really unprofessional.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Standard interview process. Phone screen and On-site interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Very friendly management

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The staff at Model N seem unhappy and it reflects in the interview process. They seem to want to scare you off instead of selling the company as a good place to work at. If the interview is a negative experience, why would anyone pursue a position there.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with negative and demanding people.   1 Answer

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

First had detail telephonic interview. After being selected was asked to come down to office, where I was interviewed by 3 ppl. HR seems to be quite slow in response or might have more applicants but I had to follow up to know what is the result.
    First they told me to hold on and then they said, they have some other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Gave me analytical question to solve   1 Answer