Modern Woodmen Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lansing, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview was business professional. The interview started with a few Q&A questions followed by a brief overview of the company's mission. Next i was given a personality test to determine my sales abilities. The test was about 150 question and was of the "greatly agree/ agree/ not sure/ disagree/ greatly disagree" variety.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Modern Woodmen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me not long after, then they asked me to do a personality test online and a quick math test, it was all very basic but they never contacted me after the test not sure why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Birmingham, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

I have had two interviews so far. The first interview was to know who I am. The second asked a battery of questions. There was also an extra advisor at the meeting to help me understand the day in day out activities. I have another interview next week.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult circumstances in my life that I had to face?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delta Center, MI

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Delta Center, MI).

Interview

There are several interviews, tests, and tasks you must do before receiving an offer. You have to come up with 140 of your own clients with phone numbers and names and take insurance classes. It's all commission and you will work weekends and late hours. However potential to make a lot of money if you are good at sales.

Interview Questions

• There is a packet of easy standard questions they will ask. What inspires you? Do you know what fraternal means?   Answer Question

Declined because I know I won't stay in this location in the next 5 years and this would be shooting myself in the foot to build my client base, then leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lansing, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic interview with extensive behavioral questions. The employers were eager to hire, but the job is 100% commission. They tried to overplay it by making the salary sound better than it actually was considering that it was commission only.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Austin, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

There is an Initial Interview where they ask you about your history, family, work ethics, and entrepreneurial spirit. I felt like it was more like a conversation than an interview. You then do an online assessment to see if you can pass state and FINRA licensing exams. You then have an In-depth interview where they go over the compesation structure and go more into depth about your backgroud and what you want out of a career. Next, you will have an assossiate interview where you get to talk with one of their senior advisors. Following that, a VIP meeting is set up so they can answer any questions your spouse or whoever will support you might have. This was very nice because it made me feel like they really wanted to make sure our family fit the companies cultureand expectations. We then moved into a final interview and then my preliminary training began. Very thourough but I like that they are very selective.