Modern Woodmen Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I have noticed a few people mention coming up with 140 of your own clients. That is actually not the case. It is to show the support you have and the comfort you have in asking for referrals. This is a commission based career. I am speaking from experience when I say I WILL NEVER go back to salary again after working for this company. They are supportive. They offer an amazing medical/dental benefit package, 401k & even still have a pension plan. This is not a junk company by any means. Some things, like getting your state license, you will pay for. However, it is your license, not theirs. After being with this company for about 8 mon, I hope I am able to stay with them until I retire.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy volunteering in your community?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Modern Woodmen

Anonymous Employee in Faribault, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Faribault, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Questions were read from their booklet of pre-designed questions. Not every question in the booklet was asked. The interviewer would pick and choose which ones they wanted to ask you. Because many of the Regional Directors' office are dispersed throughout the state, it is common for them to ask you to meet with them in a public place. In this particular case, I was asked to meet at a Perkins.

Interview Questions

• What is an attribute that you learned from one or each of your parents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Greenville, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process comes in many stages and is an in depth vetting process. The initial interview is more of a sales pitch for the company, followed by an online personality and basic knowledge evaluation.

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Elizabethtown, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a brief hour long meeting with a member of Modern Woodmen at a local bakery during which we discussed the nature of the job and how fitted I would be to it.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after posting my resume on a job site from my school. They had me complete some questions before I came in for an interview. Once I arrived the interview was very professional and the setting was very positive. I was asked to describe myself and my life and where I view myself as going. They had a packet that has the standard interview questions and once that was completed we spoke freely about myself and the company. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and definitely informing on the position and benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with a district manager, who was very friendly in a coffeeshop near his house. He was direct and keep the interview at an even pace, which I enjoyed. It really ended up being less of an interview and more of a conversation, with him and I talking and just so happening to also be figuring out whether this job was for me, and if I was good for this company.

Interview Questions

• Do I have an established network in the area?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got back within a week. Had to take multiple skill assessments.

Called back for an interview, went to it. The interview was supposed to be about a half hour but ended up being somewhere around an hour and a half because the manager was talkative. Very nice. Scheduled a second interview but I declined after finding out it was 100% commission.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest trait?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

It takes about 4 interviews over a few weeks. Very intense. It also helps you learn how you will do in the business by providing/requiring 30 "Market Surveys" where you will have to go in your community and ask people to refer you to 5 other people to speak with about possibly helping them or becoming their financial representative. You will also need to fill out a list of 200 possible candidates you can approach on business. If this business is for you, you will be able to complete these tasks in a month or less. If this business is not for you, you will figure that out during this process. It is a very effective interview process and equally fulfilling and difficult.

Interview Questions

• Market Surveys were unexpected but necessary and very effective.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Athens, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Athens, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very easy and straight forward. The process took 3 seperate interviews with me and one with my family member. After that I accepted the position and began training and taking my insurance exam. It was a very relaxed non stressful interview, also very straight forward.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Canton, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Very laid back, asked about previous work experiences, reasons for wanting to get in the field, and why you enjoy working with people. Very friendly and the benefits described were the selling point. Say first year people make 60K, but what I have seen you are looking at 40K