Modern Woodmen Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I have noticed a few people mention coming up with 140 of your own clients. That is actually not the case. It is to show the support you have and the comfort you have in asking for referrals. This is a commission based career. I am speaking from experience when I say I WILL NEVER go back to salary again after working for this company. They are supportive. They offer an amazing medical/dental benefit package, 401k & even still have a pension plan. This is not a junk company by any means. Some things, like getting your state license, you will pay for. However, it is your license, not theirs. After being with this company for about 8 mon, I hope I am able to stay with them until I retire.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy volunteering in your community?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Modern Woodmen

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after posting my resume on a job site from my school. They had me complete some questions before I came in for an interview. Once I arrived the interview was very professional and the setting was very positive. I was asked to describe myself and my life and where I view myself as going. They had a packet that has the standard interview questions and once that was completed we spoke freely about myself and the company. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and definitely informing on the position and benefits.

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

It takes about 4 interviews over a few weeks. Very intense. It also helps you learn how you will do in the business by providing/requiring 30 "Market Surveys" where you will have to go in your community and ask people to refer you to 5 other people to speak with about possibly helping them or becoming their financial representative. You will also need to fill out a list of 200 possible candidates you can approach on business. If this business is for you, you will be able to complete these tasks in a month or less. If this business is not for you, you will figure that out during this process. It is a very effective interview process and equally fulfilling and difficult.

Interview Questions

• Market Surveys were unexpected but necessary and very effective.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Sacramento, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied, after they reviewed my resume I received an email to take a test, I must of passed because I received a phone interview, then interview in person, then another with Regional manager, then final one with both managers.

Interview Questions

• How is your credit? any foreclosures or bankruptcies lately?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much to negotiate its commission and you may qualify for some allowance if you do work hard. But they offer great benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

Very long interview process. Modern Woodmen is a very selective company. Interview consists of one on ones, market surveys, project list, trial appointments, internet testing, background checks, credit checks, buisness lunches and more. It was a very fustrating time because I felt like I was being strung along but in the end I feel it helped to prepare me for my career at Modern Woodmen.

Anonymous Employee in Faribault, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Faribault, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Questions were read from their booklet of pre-designed questions. Not every question in the booklet was asked. The interviewer would pick and choose which ones they wanted to ask you. Because many of the Regional Directors' office are dispersed throughout the state, it is common for them to ask you to meet with them in a public place. In this particular case, I was asked to meet at a Perkins.

Interview Questions

• What is an attribute that you learned from one or each of your parents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Elizabethtown, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a brief hour long meeting with a member of Modern Woodmen at a local bakery during which we discussed the nature of the job and how fitted I would be to it.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2012.

Interview

Met with local Managing Partner and received an overview of the company and the career opportunity. He took time to hear about my personal life and my goals for my future with the company. The Managing Partner outlined the entire selection process and had me move to the next step by completing an online career assessment. Based on my compatibility with the career expectations, they invited me for a final interview and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about leadership experience, work habits, previous successes.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got back within a week. Had to take multiple skill assessments.

Called back for an interview, went to it. The interview was supposed to be about a half hour but ended up being somewhere around an hour and a half because the manager was talkative. Very nice. Scheduled a second interview but I declined after finding out it was 100% commission.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest trait?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (San Antonio, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Met first with branch manager. Upon his approval, met with area manager. Once it was decided that we were a good fit, my information was forwarded to the home office in Rock Island, Il. At that point, an in depth, comprehensive background check is done. This includes your credit as well as your criminal record. Once all these things are cleared I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Willingness to work the required hours of the position.   1 Answer