Modern Woodmen Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Modern Woodmen Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Charlotte, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

Met in a local restaurant. Recruiter sold the company and asked a few questions. Casual.

Interview Questions

Modern Woodmen has no office in Charlotte, NC. Lacks resources for someone new to the business. Seemed to have a good benefits package.

Other Interview Reviews for Modern Woodmen

Anonymous Employee in Athens, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Athens, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very easy and straight forward. The process took 3 seperate interviews with me and one with my family member. After that I accepted the position and began training and taking my insurance exam. It was a very relaxed non stressful interview, also very straight forward.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with a district manager, who was very friendly in a coffeeshop near his house. He was direct and keep the interview at an even pace, which I enjoyed. It really ended up being less of an interview and more of a conversation, with him and I talking and just so happening to also be figuring out whether this job was for me, and if I was good for this company.

Interview Questions

• Do I have an established network in the area?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (San Jose, CA).

Interview

There are four interviews required. However, my hiring manager condensed the last two together. They have a structured process with set questions that are typical.

There were two online tests, one for personality and one quantitative before the initial interview. The personality quiz is to see if you will be a good fit to the career, and the quantitative is to see if you will pass the licensing test with ease.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very typical personality interview questions. There wasn't anything out of the blue that I felt was difficult or required a lot of preparation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Gainesville, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring/interview process was a drawn out one for me. First, you will take an assessment which basically asks - " are you comfortable completely relying on selling insurance to your friends and family for financial support". If you answer no, you won't be chosen because that's what the job is even though they won't openly admit it (otherwise you are cold calling for your paycheck). I had an interview, came in to speak with the local manager (which took over 2 1/2 hours - consisting of giving me an entire book with of recruiting material and an obvious recruitment spiel), had to go to another recruiting event in which I heard the same spiel again but only an hour. After that I was being considered for an internship, but then I had to take a personality assessment. That's when I decided to stop pursuing a career there.
    This is a SALES job that heavily relies on your connections for income (friends and family).

Interview Questions

• Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?   1 Answer

I did not want to rely on my friends/family to support me financially. Due to this I realized I would be cold calling for a living. I did not go to school to have a job consisting of cold calling people.

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lafayette, LA) in June 2013.

Interview

3 part interview. Really basic questions to starts off. Made you start a work book with friends and families names. You had to get a list of some 100 people. This list would later be a list for you to sell too, although they claimed you would not have to sell the friends and family.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy giving freely of yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Greenville, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process comes in many stages and is an in depth vetting process. The initial interview is more of a sales pitch for the company, followed by an online personality and basic knowledge evaluation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Roanoke, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone screen led to an in-person interview. In-person consisted of being handed a packet and some extra information.

Interview Questions

• How can you convince me that you've got the drive to succeed in this business?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen.

Interview

3-tiered interview process. Included filling out a budget form so that they could tailor the base salary to my needs. Essentially, if you are an insurance salesman and you are honest, have integrity, and will put the client first, you'll be hired. It also helps to be able to put together a list of names/contacts so that you can get your business off the ground. This will

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals? Where do you want to end up in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tailored my 'base' salary according to my needs, but it means that (in order to stay contracted) you must sell enough life insurance to provide for your own base (or at least close to it).

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Houston, TX).

Interview

We went through only 2 interviews before I was offered the position. The interview process involved meeting with a manager and he asking me questions about myself and then he told me about the career and what some of the things to expect were. I was also given phone numbers of other individuals to call who were in the business. I was also told about how to become a leader with MWA. I had to go through 2 profile tests and pass a criminal and credit background check to get the position.