Modern Woodmen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.7

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I have noticed a few people mention coming up with 140 of your own clients. That is actually not the case. It is to show the support you have and the comfort you have in asking for referrals. This is a commission based career. I am speaking from experience when I say I WILL NEVER go back to salary again after working for this company. They are supportive. They offer an amazing medical/dental benefit package, 401k & even still have a pension plan. This is not a junk company by any means. Some things, like getting your state license, you will pay for. However, it is your license, not theirs. After being with this company for about 8 mon, I hope I am able to stay with them until I retire.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy volunteering in your community?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Birmingham, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

I have had two interviews so far. The first interview was to know who I am. The second asked a battery of questions. There was also an extra advisor at the meeting to help me understand the day in day out activities. I have another interview next week.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult circumstances in my life that I had to face?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after posting my resume on a job site from my school. They had me complete some questions before I came in for an interview. Once I arrived the interview was very professional and the setting was very positive. I was asked to describe myself and my life and where I view myself as going. They had a packet that has the standard interview questions and once that was completed we spoke freely about myself and the company. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and definitely informing on the position and benefits.

Interview Questions

Interview

It takes about 4 interviews over a few weeks. Very intense. It also helps you learn how you will do in the business by providing/requiring 30 "Market Surveys" where you will have to go in your community and ask people to refer you to 5 other people to speak with about possibly helping them or becoming their financial representative. You will also need to fill out a list of 200 possible candidates you can approach on business. If this business is for you, you will be able to complete these tasks in a month or less. If this business is not for you, you will figure that out during this process. It is a very effective interview process and equally fulfilling and difficult.

Interview Questions

• Market Surveys were unexpected but necessary and very effective.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Sacramento, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied, after they reviewed my resume I received an email to take a test, I must of passed because I received a phone interview, then interview in person, then another with Regional manager, then final one with both managers.

Interview Questions

• How is your credit? any foreclosures or bankruptcies lately?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much to negotiate its commission and you may qualify for some allowance if you do work hard. But they offer great benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

Very long interview process. Modern Woodmen is a very selective company. Interview consists of one on ones, market surveys, project list, trial appointments, internet testing, background checks, credit checks, buisness lunches and more. It was a very fustrating time because I felt like I was being strung along but in the end I feel it helped to prepare me for my career at Modern Woodmen.

Anonymous Employee in Faribault, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Faribault, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Questions were read from their booklet of pre-designed questions. Not every question in the booklet was asked. The interviewer would pick and choose which ones they wanted to ask you. Because many of the Regional Directors' office are dispersed throughout the state, it is common for them to ask you to meet with them in a public place. In this particular case, I was asked to meet at a Perkins.

Interview Questions

• What is an attribute that you learned from one or each of your parents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lansing, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview was business professional. The interview started with a few Q&A questions followed by a brief overview of the company's mission. Next i was given a personality test to determine my sales abilities. The test was about 150 question and was of the "greatly agree/ agree/ not sure/ disagree/ greatly disagree" variety.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Des Moines, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

Long interview process; several interviews over several days. Had to complete a questionnaire and a lot of background items. They also wanted contact info for several people that I could sell to.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable would you be trying to sell insurance to your friends and family?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me not long after, then they asked me to do a personality test online and a quick math test, it was all very basic but they never contacted me after the test not sure why.