Modern Woodmen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 4, 2017

2.6

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Modern Woodmen Applications Process Interview

Interview

The career site is very confusing & not user friendly. There's no list of jobs with descriptions, instead it's a series of people's photos and their comments. I finally figured out the application process & when it said to hit the next button to continue to the career questionnaire, I instead got a message that said there were no jobs in my zip code. Maybe I wanted to look nationwide? I decided not to pursue employment there & will share this information with others.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview followed by an on-site interview with a Managing Partner and a Regional Director. After that, I was called to go eat lunch with the Managing Partner who would later be my Managing Partner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Charlotte, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

Met in a local restaurant. Recruiter sold the company and asked a few questions. Casual.

Interview Questions

Modern Woodmen has no office in Charlotte, NC. Lacks resources for someone new to the business. Seemed to have a good benefits package.

Anonymous Employee in Athens, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Athens, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very easy and straight forward. The process took 3 seperate interviews with me and one with my family member. After that I accepted the position and began training and taking my insurance exam. It was a very relaxed non stressful interview, also very straight forward.

/District Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

I was looking for an internship for school and made a connection with one of the district managers in my home town. We had a Skype interview, and after a few follow up calls was invited onto the team. It was an informal internship in the eyes of the company and actually contracted as a DA after 1 month and started making sales.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember actual questions, but looking back this manager was going to ask me to intern no matter what I said. A tried and true salesman, he seemed somewhat reluctant to take me on and that drove me to pursue it harder.   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Springfield, MO) in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager's wife called and set up an interview with me. She had been a former teacher, and since I had as well, I'm sure that they thought I could relate. we set up a time to meet with her boss (who turned out to be her husband). I was treated like royalty for a while. Calling all the time to see how I was doing, texting bible versus to encourage me, etc. Then once I got hired, its like any and all support to me and other agents stopped because they have to grow the region and recruit more agents.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever hear of Modern woodmen of America the non-for-profit company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with a district manager, who was very friendly in a coffeeshop near his house. He was direct and keep the interview at an even pace, which I enjoyed. It really ended up being less of an interview and more of a conversation, with him and I talking and just so happening to also be figuring out whether this job was for me, and if I was good for this company.

Interview Questions

• Do I have an established network in the area?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juárez, México (Mexico)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Juárez, México (Mexico)) in June 2016.

Interview

KNEW WHAT IT WAS ALL ABOUT AFTER 10 seconds. I could see right through this scheme and this guy was almost unable to contain his excitement when I said I was interested. I left and said thank you. Won't speak to him again. There are 50 employees. He said thousands. LOL.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (San Jose, CA).

Interview

There are four interviews required. However, my hiring manager condensed the last two together. They have a structured process with set questions that are typical.

There were two online tests, one for personality and one quantitative before the initial interview. The personality quiz is to see if you will be a good fit to the career, and the quantitative is to see if you will pass the licensing test with ease.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very typical personality interview questions. There wasn't anything out of the blue that I felt was difficult or required a lot of preparation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Gainesville, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring/interview process was a drawn out one for me. First, you will take an assessment which basically asks - " are you comfortable completely relying on selling insurance to your friends and family for financial support". If you answer no, you won't be chosen because that's what the job is even though they won't openly admit it (otherwise you are cold calling for your paycheck). I had an interview, came in to speak with the local manager (which took over 2 1/2 hours - consisting of giving me an entire book with of recruiting material and an obvious recruitment spiel), had to go to another recruiting event in which I heard the same spiel again but only an hour. After that I was being considered for an internship, but then I had to take a personality assessment. That's when I decided to stop pursuing a career there.
    This is a SALES job that heavily relies on your connections for income (friends and family).

Interview Questions

• Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?   1 Answer

I did not want to rely on my friends/family to support me financially. Due to this I realized I would be cold calling for a living. I did not go to school to have a job consisting of cold calling people.