Modern Woodmen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.6

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in August 2017.

Interview

Had a long online process where we had to complete multiple quizzes and personality test.
    Had 2 interviews. They seemed energetic and enthusiastic. Standard questions, that revolved around you being in tune with yourself.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juárez, México (Mexico)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Juárez, México (Mexico)) in June 2016.

Interview

KNEW WHAT IT WAS ALL ABOUT AFTER 10 seconds. I could see right through this scheme and this guy was almost unable to contain his excitement when I said I was interested. I left and said thank you. Won't speak to him again. There are 50 employees. He said thousands. LOL.

Anonymous Employee in Faribault, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Faribault, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Questions were read from their booklet of pre-designed questions. Not every question in the booklet was asked. The interviewer would pick and choose which ones they wanted to ask you. Because many of the Regional Directors' office are dispersed throughout the state, it is common for them to ask you to meet with them in a public place. In this particular case, I was asked to meet at a Perkins.

Interview Questions

• What is an attribute that you learned from one or each of your parents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I have noticed a few people mention coming up with 140 of your own clients. That is actually not the case. It is to show the support you have and the comfort you have in asking for referrals. This is a commission based career. I am speaking from experience when I say I WILL NEVER go back to salary again after working for this company. They are supportive. They offer an amazing medical/dental benefit package, 401k & even still have a pension plan. This is not a junk company by any means. Some things, like getting your state license, you will pay for. However, it is your license, not theirs. After being with this company for about 8 mon, I hope I am able to stay with them until I retire.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy volunteering in your community?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lansing, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview was business professional. The interview started with a few Q&A questions followed by a brief overview of the company's mission. Next i was given a personality test to determine my sales abilities. The test was about 150 question and was of the "greatly agree/ agree/ not sure/ disagree/ greatly disagree" variety.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Des Moines, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

Long interview process; several interviews over several days. Had to complete a questionnaire and a lot of background items. They also wanted contact info for several people that I could sell to.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable would you be trying to sell insurance to your friends and family?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me not long after, then they asked me to do a personality test online and a quick math test, it was all very basic but they never contacted me after the test not sure why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Greenville, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process comes in many stages and is an in depth vetting process. The initial interview is more of a sales pitch for the company, followed by an online personality and basic knowledge evaluation.

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Elizabethtown, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a brief hour long meeting with a member of Modern Woodmen at a local bakery during which we discussed the nature of the job and how fitted I would be to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Birmingham, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

I have had two interviews so far. The first interview was to know who I am. The second asked a battery of questions. There was also an extra advisor at the meeting to help me understand the day in day out activities. I have another interview next week.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult circumstances in my life that I had to face?   1 Answer