Modern Woodmen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Modern Woodmen Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

2 Interviews, performance test. Very delicate interview with multiple employees.Multiple on site interviews, background check. Wanted to make sure that you really buy into the idea of fraternalism. Company really cares about its clients

Interview Questions

• What are your 5 year goals   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

I was contacted by the company after dropping my resume off at the career fair that Modern Woodmen attended at my university. I was asked to complete a thorough questionnaire to see if my values matched that of Modern Woodmen's. After getting a follow-up call from the company, they scheduled an initial interview the following week.

The first interview essentially explained what Modern Woodmen did and stood for morally as a company. At the end, I was asked if I felt that I would be a good fit for the company, and after saying that I did, I was asked back for a second interview.

The second interview followed much more of a standard interview with questions about my past experiences, career goals, and personality type.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered a position at another larger company (Goldman Sachs, EY, etc.) while still being a Modern Woodmen employee, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the hourly wage that commission employees at the office had agreed to pay the interns and asked. I was offered either the hourly wage or the opportunity to take the internship for college credit. I chose to take it for the hourly wage.

Interview

It takes about 4 interviews over a few weeks. Very intense. It also helps you learn how you will do in the business by providing/requiring 30 "Market Surveys" where you will have to go in your community and ask people to refer you to 5 other people to speak with about possibly helping them or becoming their financial representative. You will also need to fill out a list of 200 possible candidates you can approach on business. If this business is for you, you will be able to complete these tasks in a month or less. If this business is not for you, you will figure that out during this process. It is a very effective interview process and equally fulfilling and difficult.

Interview Questions

• Market Surveys were unexpected but necessary and very effective.   Answer Question

Financial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Salem, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with district manager for initial interview that lasted about an hour. Was then given some company literature and asked to come up with a list of 200 names using a packet that listed different areas to help come up with names. Follow up meeting and at the present time still trying to decide.

Anonymous Employee in Athens, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Athens, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very easy and straight forward. The process took 3 seperate interviews with me and one with my family member. After that I accepted the position and began training and taking my insurance exam. It was a very relaxed non stressful interview, also very straight forward.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Canton, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Very laid back, asked about previous work experiences, reasons for wanting to get in the field, and why you enjoy working with people. Very friendly and the benefits described were the selling point. Say first year people make 60K, but what I have seen you are looking at 40K

/District Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

I was looking for an internship for school and made a connection with one of the district managers in my home town. We had a Skype interview, and after a few follow up calls was invited onto the team. It was an informal internship in the eyes of the company and actually contracted as a DA after 1 month and started making sales.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember actual questions, but looking back this manager was going to ask me to intern no matter what I said. A tried and true salesman, he seemed somewhat reluctant to take me on and that drove me to pursue it harder.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview followed by an on-site interview with a Managing Partner and a Regional Director. After that, I was called to go eat lunch with the Managing Partner who would later be my Managing Partner.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Springfield, MO) in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager's wife called and set up an interview with me. She had been a former teacher, and since I had as well, I'm sure that they thought I could relate. we set up a time to meet with her boss (who turned out to be her husband). I was treated like royalty for a while. Calling all the time to see how I was doing, texting bible versus to encourage me, etc. Then once I got hired, its like any and all support to me and other agents stopped because they have to grow the region and recruit more agents.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever hear of Modern woodmen of America the non-for-profit company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lafayette, LA) in June 2013.

Interview

3 part interview. Really basic questions to starts off. Made you start a work book with friends and families names. You had to get a list of some 100 people. This list would later be a list for you to sell too, although they claimed you would not have to sell the friends and family.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy giving freely of yourself.   1 Answer