Modern Woodmen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Modern Woodmen Interview Questions

Interviews at Modern Woodmen

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

First I met them at a job fair, then we met face-to-face, then there was an online questionnaire and competency test. I looked into other firms, and this was, by far, the most difficult qualification process. After the online tests, there was another interview or two. The thing with this career is that most any company will hire you, it's the client meetings where the real interviews are because they decide whether or not to hire you as the financial advisor.

Interview Questions

• What are you like, what are your interests, what has your employment history been thus far, why were there job changes etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Elizabethtown, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a brief hour long meeting with a member of Modern Woodmen at a local bakery during which we discussed the nature of the job and how fitted I would be to it.

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lafayette, LA) in June 2013.

Interview

3 part interview. Really basic questions to starts off. Made you start a work book with friends and families names. You had to get a list of some 100 people. This list would later be a list for you to sell too, although they claimed you would not have to sell the friends and family.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy giving freely of yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I have noticed a few people mention coming up with 140 of your own clients. That is actually not the case. It is to show the support you have and the comfort you have in asking for referrals. This is a commission based career. I am speaking from experience when I say I WILL NEVER go back to salary again after working for this company. They are supportive. They offer an amazing medical/dental benefit package, 401k & even still have a pension plan. This is not a junk company by any means. Some things, like getting your state license, you will pay for. However, it is your license, not theirs. After being with this company for about 8 mon, I hope I am able to stay with them until I retire.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy volunteering in your community?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Greenville, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process comes in many stages and is an in depth vetting process. The initial interview is more of a sales pitch for the company, followed by an online personality and basic knowledge evaluation.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Sacramento, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied, after they reviewed my resume I received an email to take a test, I must of passed because I received a phone interview, then interview in person, then another with Regional manager, then final one with both managers.

Interview Questions

• How is your credit? any foreclosures or bankruptcies lately?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much to negotiate its commission and you may qualify for some allowance if you do work hard. But they offer great benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Gainesville, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring/interview process was a drawn out one for me. First, you will take an assessment which basically asks - " are you comfortable completely relying on selling insurance to your friends and family for financial support". If you answer no, you won't be chosen because that's what the job is even though they won't openly admit it (otherwise you are cold calling for your paycheck). I had an interview, came in to speak with the local manager (which took over 2 1/2 hours - consisting of giving me an entire book with of recruiting material and an obvious recruitment spiel), had to go to another recruiting event in which I heard the same spiel again but only an hour. After that I was being considered for an internship, but then I had to take a personality assessment. That's when I decided to stop pursuing a career there.
    This is a SALES job that heavily relies on your connections for income (friends and family).

Interview Questions

• Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?   1 Answer

I did not want to rely on my friends/family to support me financially. Due to this I realized I would be cold calling for a living. I did not go to school to have a job consisting of cold calling people.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Houston, TX).

Interview

We went through only 2 interviews before I was offered the position. The interview process involved meeting with a manager and he asking me questions about myself and then he told me about the career and what some of the things to expect were. I was also given phone numbers of other individuals to call who were in the business. I was also told about how to become a leader with MWA. I had to go through 2 profile tests and pass a criminal and credit background check to get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Roanoke, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone screen led to an in-person interview. In-person consisted of being handed a packet and some extra information.

Interview Questions

• How can you convince me that you've got the drive to succeed in this business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (San Jose, CA).

Interview

There are four interviews required. However, my hiring manager condensed the last two together. They have a structured process with set questions that are typical.

There were two online tests, one for personality and one quantitative before the initial interview. The personality quiz is to see if you will be a good fit to the career, and the quantitative is to see if you will pass the licensing test with ease.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very typical personality interview questions. There wasn't anything out of the blue that I felt was difficult or required a lot of preparation.   Answer Question