Modern Woodmen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Modern Woodmen Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager at a career fair hosted by my University. About two weeks later after a few emails I sat down with the same hiring manager and was formally interviewed.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got back within a week. Had to take multiple skill assessments.

Called back for an interview, went to it. The interview was supposed to be about a half hour but ended up being somewhere around an hour and a half because the manager was talkative. Very nice. Scheduled a second interview but I declined after finding out it was 100% commission.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest trait?   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Des Moines, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

Long interview process; several interviews over several days. Had to complete a questionnaire and a lot of background items. They also wanted contact info for several people that I could sell to.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable would you be trying to sell insurance to your friends and family?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lansing, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic interview with extensive behavioral questions. The employers were eager to hire, but the job is 100% commission. They tried to overplay it by making the salary sound better than it actually was considering that it was commission only.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

2 Interviews, performance test. Very delicate interview with multiple employees.Multiple on site interviews, background check. Wanted to make sure that you really buy into the idea of fraternalism. Company really cares about its clients

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

I was contacted by the company after dropping my resume off at the career fair that Modern Woodmen attended at my university. I was asked to complete a thorough questionnaire to see if my values matched that of Modern Woodmen's. After getting a follow-up call from the company, they scheduled an initial interview the following week.

The first interview essentially explained what Modern Woodmen did and stood for morally as a company. At the end, I was asked if I felt that I would be a good fit for the company, and after saying that I did, I was asked back for a second interview.

The second interview followed much more of a standard interview with questions about my past experiences, career goals, and personality type.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered a position at another larger company (Goldman Sachs, EY, etc.) while still being a Modern Woodmen employee, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the hourly wage that commission employees at the office had agreed to pay the interns and asked. I was offered either the hourly wage or the opportunity to take the internship for college credit. I chose to take it for the hourly wage.

Interview

It takes about 4 interviews over a few weeks. Very intense. It also helps you learn how you will do in the business by providing/requiring 30 "Market Surveys" where you will have to go in your community and ask people to refer you to 5 other people to speak with about possibly helping them or becoming their financial representative. You will also need to fill out a list of 200 possible candidates you can approach on business. If this business is for you, you will be able to complete these tasks in a month or less. If this business is not for you, you will figure that out during this process. It is a very effective interview process and equally fulfilling and difficult.

Interview Questions

• Market Surveys were unexpected but necessary and very effective.   Answer Question

Financial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Salem, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with district manager for initial interview that lasted about an hour. Was then given some company literature and asked to come up with a list of 200 names using a packet that listed different areas to help come up with names. Follow up meeting and at the present time still trying to decide.

Anonymous Employee in Athens, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Athens, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very easy and straight forward. The process took 3 seperate interviews with me and one with my family member. After that I accepted the position and began training and taking my insurance exam. It was a very relaxed non stressful interview, also very straight forward.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Canton, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Very laid back, asked about previous work experiences, reasons for wanting to get in the field, and why you enjoy working with people. Very friendly and the benefits described were the selling point. Say first year people make 60K, but what I have seen you are looking at 40K