Modern Woodmen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Modern Woodmen Interview Questions

Interviews at Modern Woodmen

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Charlotte, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

Met in a local restaurant. Recruiter sold the company and asked a few questions. Casual.

Interview Questions

Modern Woodmen has no office in Charlotte, NC. Lacks resources for someone new to the business. Seemed to have a good benefits package.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

Very long interview process. Modern Woodmen is a very selective company. Interview consists of one on ones, market surveys, project list, trial appointments, internet testing, background checks, credit checks, buisness lunches and more. It was a very fustrating time because I felt like I was being strung along but in the end I feel it helped to prepare me for my career at Modern Woodmen.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (San Antonio, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Two interview process. There were several meetings with different individuals over the course of several days. Spoke with immediate manager and a few of the longtime employees with the company. I then had an interview with the area manager.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Canton, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Very laid back, asked about previous work experiences, reasons for wanting to get in the field, and why you enjoy working with people. Very friendly and the benefits described were the selling point. Say first year people make 60K, but what I have seen you are looking at 40K

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got back within a week. Had to take multiple skill assessments.

Called back for an interview, went to it. The interview was supposed to be about a half hour but ended up being somewhere around an hour and a half because the manager was talkative. Very nice. Scheduled a second interview but I declined after finding out it was 100% commission.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest trait?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (San Antonio, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Met first with branch manager. Upon his approval, met with area manager. Once it was decided that we were a good fit, my information was forwarded to the home office in Rock Island, Il. At that point, an in depth, comprehensive background check is done. This includes your credit as well as your criminal record. Once all these things are cleared I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Willingness to work the required hours of the position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2012.

Interview

Met with local Managing Partner and received an overview of the company and the career opportunity. He took time to hear about my personal life and my goals for my future with the company. The Managing Partner outlined the entire selection process and had me move to the next step by completing an online career assessment. Based on my compatibility with the career expectations, they invited me for a final interview and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about leadership experience, work habits, previous successes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with a district manager, who was very friendly in a coffeeshop near his house. He was direct and keep the interview at an even pace, which I enjoyed. It really ended up being less of an interview and more of a conversation, with him and I talking and just so happening to also be figuring out whether this job was for me, and if I was good for this company.

Interview Questions

• Do I have an established network in the area?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after posting my resume on a job site from my school. They had me complete some questions before I came in for an interview. Once I arrived the interview was very professional and the setting was very positive. I was asked to describe myself and my life and where I view myself as going. They had a packet that has the standard interview questions and once that was completed we spoke freely about myself and the company. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and definitely informing on the position and benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Athens, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Athens, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very easy and straight forward. The process took 3 seperate interviews with me and one with my family member. After that I accepted the position and began training and taking my insurance exam. It was a very relaxed non stressful interview, also very straight forward.