Moderna Therapeutics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2016

2.6

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very disgusting

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone call first with recruiter to go over basics e.g. background, interest and why this job, and then went to on-site for 1-on-1 meetings with 5 people including HR people for half day. Talks are more causal then expected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move to Moderna and what do you want to achieve?   Answer Question

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (New York, NY).

Interview

Just phone interview, 30 mins conversation. General behavioral and technical questions. I thought it went ok. Followed up with HR after that, never heard from them again, not a word.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the opportunity?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics.

Interview

Two days of interviews. Day 1, 5 hours: Gave a talk and met a bunch of people including scientists and department heads. Day 2, 2 hours: Met the president and VP of HR.

Interview Questions

• They were somewhat curios why someone with academic post doc experience would want to transition to industry. They were potentially a bit suspicious of an extensive publication record. Questions seemed to focus on those things.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a typical two-round setup with a pre-screen over the phone, first round consisting of a candidate seminar with a series of 30-minute interviews with the hiring manager, future coworkers, and talent recruiter. Second round was a round of interviews with upper management. Company covered all costs of travel.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, lots of questions following up the candidate seminar, no significant surprises.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process took ~ 4 weeks. Got an email to schedule an initial phone call which went well. Then an on-site interview was scheduled ~ 10 days later. After that, a second on-site interview was scheduled ~ 10 days later and the decision was made ~ 2 business days later.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview where they talked about the position and asked about my relevant experience. After that, I was invited for an on-site interview. The interview process was kind of chaotic as the position I had been told I would be interviewing for was not the correct position. I could have been more prepared for it, had I known the exact role and responsibilities. The on-site interview was made up of several meetings, a few of which had to be moved around because people were not around.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult - just asking about past experience and why you want to work there and what you know about the company.   Answer Question

G&A Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics.

Interview

They seemed eager to have me on board and didn't drag their feet in making a reasonable offer. Vibe of the office seemed very busy, which made sense - it's a growing-start-up environment. Would have been helpful to interview with my potential counterparts, not just potential managers.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Hiring manager failed to call at the appropriated time. The call was set up and rescheduled several more times because hiring manager could not make time. HR was exceptionally polite and apologetic through this process.I eventually spoke with a member of the group below the hiring manager to complete the phone screen and was invited for an on site interview. The interview lasted ~6hrs but could/should have been shorter. 1:1 sessions were scheduled for 45min each. The hiring manager met with me for 20min before giving me a brief tour and leading me to an interview room where I was left to sit until the next person arrived. Another interviewer dismissed himself a few minutes into the interview to take a phone call and returned to finish at the end of the day, leaving me to sit in a room alone for half an hour. A third interviewer attempted to gauge my interest in a different job in his own group - a lose/lose situation for the candidate (you don't want to close doors and say no thanks, but you don't want to appear opportunistic and willing to take just any job). I understand the company is going through rapid growth, and this is difficult, but after the interview process I was concerned about working at the company. I received no further feedback from the company.

Interview Questions

• Run of the mill interview questions, nothing particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Facilities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Got 2 interviews through agency. First interview they called me 10 minutes before I was there they wanted me to go to their other location. So not knowing Cambridge Mass it proved to be a rat race as I had no GPS. Finally asked police officer found location sign for location was about 4 inch L by 1 inch W. Explained situation, interviewer apologized about change interview went well.Interviewer told me he would like me to come back meet other people.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty basic no difficulty interview was supposed to be an hour with 2-3 people met one person for 15 mins.   Answer Question