Moderna Therapeutics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.5

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very disgusting

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Informal series one-on-one interviews, lasted about a half day with minimal technical questions asked. The hiring manager and colleagues mostly seemed decent but there was no feedback from anyone for several weeks after until I emailed the recruiter and got a boilerplate answer "we went with someone else..."

The lack of feedback is why I rated the experience negative, not the declination of an offer. It isn't specific to Moderna but to the industry in general-I've had this experience at other companies and thought I'd finally vent. It's really depersonalizing and awful feeling. Best wishes with that cancer cure guys, or let's be honest: a nice return on your investors' money.

Interview Questions

• Describe an accomplishment in the prior role and how it affected the organization...   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics.

Interview

The interviewer called 10 minutes late to the phone screen, and then he was very abrupt. He asked why I'm applying for this job, since my resume only covers part of the job description. I said everyone in technology has to continuously learn new things and we can easily build on the the skills we have....however I couldn't help but wonder why the company scheduled this interview if they thought my resume was insufficiently targeted to the job? I was left with a poor impression of the company. It makes sense to me why glassdoor reviews are saying this company doesn't care about people.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screened in two rounds then travelled for face to face interviews. Gave a presentation then team lunch, one to one interviews. Dinner with the hiring manager. Like the atmosphere and style of the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone call first with recruiter to go over basics e.g. background, interest and why this job, and then went to on-site for 1-on-1 meetings with 5 people including HR people for half day. Talks are more causal then expected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move to Moderna and what do you want to achieve?   Answer Question

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (New York, NY).

Interview

Just phone interview, 30 mins conversation. General behavioral and technical questions. I thought it went ok. Followed up with HR after that, never heard from them again, not a word.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the opportunity?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics.

Interview

Two days of interviews. Day 1, 5 hours: Gave a talk and met a bunch of people including scientists and department heads. Day 2, 2 hours: Met the president and VP of HR.

Interview Questions

• They were somewhat curios why someone with academic post doc experience would want to transition to industry. They were potentially a bit suspicious of an extensive publication record. Questions seemed to focus on those things.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a typical two-round setup with a pre-screen over the phone, first round consisting of a candidate seminar with a series of 30-minute interviews with the hiring manager, future coworkers, and talent recruiter. Second round was a round of interviews with upper management. Company covered all costs of travel.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, lots of questions following up the candidate seminar, no significant surprises.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process took ~ 4 weeks. Got an email to schedule an initial phone call which went well. Then an on-site interview was scheduled ~ 10 days later. After that, a second on-site interview was scheduled ~ 10 days later and the decision was made ~ 2 business days later.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview where they talked about the position and asked about my relevant experience. After that, I was invited for an on-site interview. The interview process was kind of chaotic as the position I had been told I would be interviewing for was not the correct position. I could have been more prepared for it, had I known the exact role and responsibilities. The on-site interview was made up of several meetings, a few of which had to be moved around because people were not around.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult - just asking about past experience and why you want to work there and what you know about the company.   Answer Question