Moderna Therapeutics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2016

2.6

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone call first with recruiter to go over basics e.g. background, interest and why this job, and then went to on-site for 1-on-1 meetings with 5 people including HR people for half day. Talks are more causal then expected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move to Moderna and what do you want to achieve?   Answer Question

Head, Molecular Biology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was just one phone interview scheduled the night before. The interviewer did not have a copy of my resume and asked me a general question about my background. After few minutes, he abruptly became very dismissive and rude. Completely disorganized and disrespectful. I agree with other negative comments here and I am so glad I did not advanced in the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an idea of this position? (seriously! If I would have been unfit for this role, why did they even bother to call me?)   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (New York, NY).

Interview

There were two phone interviews and an onsite interview. The phone interviews were straightforward, with Q&A about my background and their needs. The onsite interview was a marathon of disorganization, full of late starts and missing interviewers. The peers who interviewed me had a very weak understanding of Moderna's competitors, but prided themselves on Moderna's war chest. My department head told me to expect a call the next day, but never contacted me and ignored my calls. They did not even pay for all of the travel costs! I am so glad I did not move to Boston and commit myself to that company!

Interview Questions

• What do you think of working the night shift? (I did not realize this was a shift-director position. Are all of my managers also on my shift? Do I get a shift differential on my bonus?)   Answer Question
    • We are a fast-moving company. What do you expect to accomplish in the first 10 days? (Really?)   Answer Question
    • Tell us how your current employer overcame (a strategic problem). (No)   Answer Question
    • What about the Boston area makes it attractive to candidates from (my state)? (Are you serious?)   Answer Question

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (New York, NY).

Interview

Just phone interview, 30 mins conversation. General behavioral and technical questions. I thought it went ok. Followed up with HR after that, never heard from them again, not a word.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the opportunity?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics.

Interview

Two days of interviews. Day 1, 5 hours: Gave a talk and met a bunch of people including scientists and department heads. Day 2, 2 hours: Met the president and VP of HR.

Interview Questions

• They were somewhat curios why someone with academic post doc experience would want to transition to industry. They were potentially a bit suspicious of an extensive publication record. Questions seemed to focus on those things.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a typical two-round setup with a pre-screen over the phone, first round consisting of a candidate seminar with a series of 30-minute interviews with the hiring manager, future coworkers, and talent recruiter. Second round was a round of interviews with upper management. Company covered all costs of travel.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, lots of questions following up the candidate seminar, no significant surprises.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process took ~ 4 weeks. Got an email to schedule an initial phone call which went well. Then an on-site interview was scheduled ~ 10 days later. After that, a second on-site interview was scheduled ~ 10 days later and the decision was made ~ 2 business days later.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview where they talked about the position and asked about my relevant experience. After that, I was invited for an on-site interview. The interview process was kind of chaotic as the position I had been told I would be interviewing for was not the correct position. I could have been more prepared for it, had I known the exact role and responsibilities. The on-site interview was made up of several meetings, a few of which had to be moved around because people were not around.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult - just asking about past experience and why you want to work there and what you know about the company.   Answer Question

G&A Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics.

Interview

They seemed eager to have me on board and didn't drag their feet in making a reasonable offer. Vibe of the office seemed very busy, which made sense - it's a growing-start-up environment. Would have been helpful to interview with my potential counterparts, not just potential managers.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics.

Interview

I got many relevant questions about my past experience from scientists/ senior scientists, and it was all friendly. By contrast, higher management was showing a nice mixture of ignorance and arrogance.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions, all were rather easy   Answer Question