Moe's Southwest Grill General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moe's Southwest Grill General Manager Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill.

Interview

Was contacted via phone to gauge my interest in the position. A phone interview was scheduled a few days later which lasted roughly an hour. Very basic questions, if you prepare you should do fine. Next, a face to face interview took place between myself and the franchise owner. Mostly an opportunity for me to make a case for myself. She was extremely friendly and made me feel very comfortable. I was offered the job two days later. The whole process took less than a week. I'm looking forward to working with this great company!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you witnesses a coworker do something morally questionable. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Moe's Southwest Grill

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill (Harrisburg, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Sat down for 6 hours and talked about her (owner) life and what her whole life story was. Not professional at all and wasted a lot of my time. She stated that her husband bought the location and she didn't want to run it, so she wanted managers to run her stores for her. We went and had an interview at a local restaurant and she bought lunch, I brought her my resume and she didn't even care to look at it, just more concentrated on what to order off the menu.

Interview Questions

• Will you run my store for me, because I don't want anything to do with it anymore?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill.

Interview

Several phone conversations, 2 in person interviews. One at nearest unit the other in the 'home market' for our franchise group a few hours away. Totally professional, very straight forward. Most interested in 'proper customer complaint response' and your core values as a leader.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I wasn't expecting the interview process to be so straight forward. Kept it pretty cut and dry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy. They met my demands with a longer phase before raise/review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill (Oaks, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I am so thoroughly disgusted with employers who are too lazy to screen candidates and instead rely on software to do their job. I applied for the GM position through their posting on Indeed.com. There were a couple pages of yes/no questions - do you have mgmt experience; are you ServSafe certified, etc. Those are fine and useful as a rough screen. It's the second section that shows a complete disrespect for a candidate's time.

There is a *17* question virtual interview. Really Moe's? You're going to ask a candidate to complete these questions that you will no doubt replicate during a face-to-face interview? It's the height of laziness. Do you only bring in those candidates that are willing to jump through all the hoops you've set up? God forbid your HR Dept or franchisor does what HR people used to do - review resumes and use their brains and judgement to make decisions rather than handing off that responsibility to a computer.

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill (Jamaica, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

No formal interviewing process.

Negotiation

No negotiation except for training, expenses only, no paid training

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill (Lake Mary, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

I sat with the DM in person and had a 45 min interview with the questions below. The DM had a very heavy spanish accent but was very friendly. He had one of his managers sit in with me.

Interview Questions

• What are three good qualities about myself? What are three bad qualities?
      What do I do on my free time?
      Past work experience?
      Past schooling?
      Reliable transportation?
      Why do you want to work for Moe's?
      What do you know about Moe's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill (Little Rock, AR) in April 2011.

Interview

Basic interview. Had a friend refer me, so wasn't much to it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. They made a good offer.

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill (Conway, AR) in March 2011.

Interview

A former manager at another company called and offered me a job, I then interviewed with the franchise operator, then took all the tests mentioned above

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was very little negotiation I was pleased with offer