Moelis & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moelis & Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Moelis & Co.

3.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moelis & Co. (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Technical questions only.

Interview Questions

• Calculate WACC for a company with complex balance sheet   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moelis & Co. (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Very simple. Met the on campus several times and had a behavioural / resume interview. It was two associates and just me where they peppered me with questions and told me all about the process and Moelis.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moelis & Co..

Interview

3 interviews. Tough could be easier. I was prepared. memorize breaking into wall street accounting is important we the best music. DCF, Benchmark Analysis, Precedent Transaction Analysis, Presentation, you know standard IB questions

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moelis & Co..

Interview

Submitting application online and received an email about a 30 Min Skype Interview. Had the video call a week after submitting my resume online. Interview was highly, highly technical--the interviewer didn't ask me any questions on my previous experience or leadership capabilities and dove into asking me technicals.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, What are the three ways to value a company, how would you rank those ways   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moelis & Co. (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was 30 minutes. They were all technical questions. Didn't expect it but did work through the problems with the interviewer. Walk me through your resume as well.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moelis & Co..

Interview

You have to apply online and finish an online app. You then will get an email and you'll have to set up a phone Interview. Pretty standard process throughout. No surprises.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moelis & Co. (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Got the interview through someone else at the office that I had met prior to the interview. The interview was a phone interview with an associate and analyst that lasted for about 25 minutes. Definitely was more on the technical side than most interviews and kind of brushed over the typical "why banking" and "why Moelis" questions as you would expect.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF   Answer Question
    • Was asked a lot about my last internship in commercial real estate loans at Santander during my Freshman year summer, probably as a means of testing whether or not I actually did anything.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Typical technical questions, run through a DCF, how to select comps, etc...

Interview Questions

• How would you value Berkshire Hathaway?   2 Answers

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Moelis & Co. in November 2014.

Interview

Reached out through a contact to the office and set up a phone informational interview. After that they set up a more formal first round interview and asked me fit questions. I was coming from a non-target school for this particular office (though my school is target for NYC) and they were mainly interested in why moelis, why IBD, why our location/industry. Asked me to go into further detail on my previous internship experience and pushed me a tiny bit on the answers. Definitely know your resume cold.

Interview Questions

• All straightforward for the first interview; Had a friend who was asked some basic accounting/time value of money questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Moelis & Co. (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I completed a fairly normal telephone interview, then visited the office for two 1:1 interviews.
    The first was mostly behavioral (yet my interviewer tossed in a question "Give me an example of two assets with a negative beta?"
    The second interview basically consisted of one question: "How does $10 depreciation flow through the various financial statements?" Study Vault Guide on this question

Interview Questions

• "Give me an example of two assets with a negative beta?"   1 Answer