Moen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moen (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Lasted several months, fairly straightforward and handled through a recruiter. People were nice and as this was a newer position relatively vague on actual role specific details. They ultimately changed their direction on where the position would be located. I think that given how far I went in the process and personal time off to work through their interview process, a phone call from the hiring manager would have been appropriate vs. communicating through the recruiter.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moen (Cleveland, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed twice for this position, once with an HR recruiter employed directly by the company and once with the actual hiring manager. I had to do the interview during office hours, naturally, and for discretion's sake did it in my car. Every moment on the phone was precious, and the HR recruiter talked literally non-stop for 21 minutes before she even asked me a single question! I expected my boss to walk up to my car any second looking for me. The hiring manager was better, even wonderful to some extent. At the end of the interview the person gave me their phone number and email and told me to call any time with questions. This person even assured me that no matter what I would hear something back. Two weeks later - nothing, so I contacted the HR recruiter. I didn't hear anything from her, so I contacted the hiring manager. Only four days later did I get an EMAIL telling me they had passed on me. I suspect that if I had never followed up they would have just ignored me.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions about my background, nothing really tough.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Moen in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was through JPM Consulting. Very laid back and only lasted about 15 minutes before setting me up with an interview with an engineering manager who I'm interviewing more formally with next week.

Interview Questions

• What kind of analytical skills do you have that put you above your classmates or colleagues   Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moen.

Interview

3 interview process. 1st was with a HR rep that was as casual as it gets. 2nd interview was with direct manager that was a lot more in depth about your job experience and the job itself. 3rd was an on site interview that they flew me down to. You basically get a quick walk through of the facility and then interview with about 5 groups of people. My only gripe was that there was a mishap with the booking agency and my hotel which I had to pay out of pocket and have never been reimbursed for after contacting 3 separate people.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about ypur work history and organizational fit   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Olmsted, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moen (North Olmsted, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview. We discussed my education and experience. The questions were very general - very relaxed overall. I was invited for an onsite interview immediately after the phone interview. Onsite, I met with 5 people - 2 gps of 2 and a 1 on 1. The questions were pretty easy - mostly about my background and contributions in my current position. There were very few behavioral type questions. Overall, the interview process was pretty easy. Less than a week later, I received a rejection due lack of experience. After 2 months, I was asked to come back for another onsite interview for the same position.They felt they may have passed me up mistakenly. Again, I interviewed with 5 people. Again, I was rejected due to lack of experience less than a week later. I was disappointed in the whole process after being called back and rejected for a second time for the same reason as the initial rejection.

Interview Questions

• I was handed a part (some kind of flange I've never seen before), and I was asked how I would optimize the design.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bern, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moen (New Bern, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an outside recruiter. I had a phone interview with a hiring manager. At the end, he asked me how I thought it went. The following week I flew into meet the people. At 37, I was older than most of the people I interviewed with. I was given a plant tour observed a morning production meeting. I met with two hiring managers. I went to lunch with my potential peers. Came back to meet with a former manager. I left with a good feeling and positive feedback. I was told most openings are due to people leaving town. New Bern is great place to raise a family, but is very quite if you do not have a family.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was asked that I had not heard before. No stumpers.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moen (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

first step of the interview was with outsources recruiter firm which is located at Oakville as well and second one was with Marketing & HR Managers. It was not tough. I was asked for skills and experience questions.

Interior Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moen (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview at first with the usual questions; your good points, bad points, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why do you want to work here, etc.

Followed up by a face to face with the department manager. Again, the same questions mostly concentrating on experience and a few situationals. Nothing to difficult or questions that search for an employee to fit within their corporate culture.

Then nothing. I still do not know, several weeks later if I am still in the running or the position has been filled / on hold. It is regretable that a company of this size is unable to spend the time to contact its interviewees and inform them of their hiring status.

Interview Questions

• None: The usual cookie cutter questions drawn from the internet read off a piece of paper.   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moen in October 2009.

Interview

First a recruit phone interview and then a Plant Manager phone interview. Be prepared for time changes and flexiblity due to plant schedule. Do company research to know details on the current company status