Moffitt Cancer Center Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.4

Scientific Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Put in an application through their website (which takes a while, due to a 100 question personality inventory - clearly aimed at healthcare-specific workers rather than IT - but that's probably the majority of their hiring work). Had a quick callback (~2 business days) from HR, followed by a phone call with the hiring manager within the week. About a week later, I had a skype interview with the group the position would be with (I was applying from a remote location), and another phone interview (the next day) with other folks the position would work with. Everyone was friendly and professional - good overall experience. Then, as another reviewer noted, it took a very long time after that to hear anything concrete back - about a month and a half, which was an offer to bring me in for an on-site interview. By that point, I'd secured a position elsewhere - so I declined. So - if you are waiting, but haven't head 'no' - don't despair!

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a brief chat with an HR representative, followed by two in-person interviews with the manager and director. After that, I was asked to return for two more interviews - one with the VP and a panel interview with the PR team. After about a week I received an email requesting that I provide references. The next day I received the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Moffitt, and why this role specifically?   1 Answer

Patient Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Very easy, the lady who interviewed me was very kind, ask a few questions, some i answered righg away, others i had to think about. I felt like we we friends and that I knew her my whole life. Very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• They ask if I was ever in an emergency situation in life, if so how I acted?   1 Answer

Research Coordinator I Interview

Application

Interview

2 parts: 1) meet with HR and discuss benefits, programs, etc. 2) actual interview. Questions were good, engaging and manager was present. The interview was only 30 min--do wish they were a bit longer and encouraged more questions. Come prepared with questions about the position and ask them early!

It took me 9 applications over 4 months to land a job with Moffitt.

Interview Questions

• How might you deal if X, Y, Z, C patients call in at the same time? Triage for us.   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied jun 1,2016 recieved a call a week and a few days later for an interview. Setup interview for the next day, making it a Friday. Went to the interview got hired on the spot. Waited to receive reference email to complete. Soon as those came back in time. I got called with an job offer, I accepted it and completed the forms they email me including background check. Afterwards I got an call to set up an appointment with the on boarding human research representative and employee health nurse to complete final paper work an pre employment physical and urine sample to make sure im capable to do the job. After everything came back good I received an email with instructions to show up at orientation.

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview started with brief introductions. Then, the interviewer proceeded with a series of questions about my research experience, work ethic, and college/graduate courses. Lastly, we talked about the research of study, role of the position, and hours.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences in a clinical and lab research setting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 months with first over the phone and then face to face. It took quite sometime to finally get the job and after I did blood work, drug testing and background check.

Scheduling Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Once you submit your information online, you can track you application status through the online portal. Once your status changes to pending further investigation you should get a call within 2 weeks. They may conduct a short phone interview first, you will then interview with human resources, and then you interview with the department manager. Once you receive a call back you will start the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a perfect fit for this position?   1 Answer

Patient Observer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. I did not feel nervous at all. The manager of our department made me feel very comfortable, she gave me a tour and introduced me to the other employees. She showed me where I am going to be working. Such great people! I cannot speak for other department or other hiring managers at Moffitt. But my manager is just the BEST!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

apply through sending resume to the director, and about 2 months later, they reached me and ask if I am still interested in this internship. Then set a panel interview. There are like 6 people are coming. They are a team. Just asked some basic questions, no too much technical questions