Moffitt Cancer Center Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.5

Data Science Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied online and did a behavioral assessment test. Was contacted for an initial phone interview. Had a 30-min initial phone interview and was asked to come in for an in-person interview. Two-hour interview process where the first-hour was with two analysts during which they asked simple questions based on my resume, very basic technical questions and an extremely simple written analytical test. The next hour was with a director who spoke a great deal about what they do, what they're trying to achieve, what is expected of the job, what you do in the job, and then proceeded to ask the exact same set of resume based questions as the first two). The first two analysts were extremely welcoming and made me feel at easy during the entire length of the interview (I have terrible anxiety issues so for me to feel this at ease is big!). Received an email in three days saying they wanted to move with another candidate. Extremely easy interview and quick process. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic Cancer-related questions during the initial phone interview (What are the kinds of tumors, how do you identify the severity of the tumor, how is Cancer classified etc.).   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Moffitt?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your previous work experience.   Answer Question
    • Basic SQL statements.   Answer Question
    • Tell us where you use what tools and why.   Answer Question
    • Anything you would like to ask us?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Extensive interview process began with phone screen, conducted a few conference calls, skype interviews then F2F all day interview in cycles. Included long application process with behavioral assessment. Around round 4 of interviews, was asked for references (5) which were 50 online questions and 2 managers/3 colleague request. The F2F interviews were tough and all behavioral based. I rated 'good' because I got the job-however it was tough and there are areas that could be improved.

Interview Questions

• Share how you deal with not getting recognition for your accomplishments   1 Answer

Senior Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process took almost 3 months. I applied for the application online and got the call from hiring manager after 2 days. She clarified the job role and was interested in my candidacy. The panel interview (10 people) was scheduled after almost 1 month of telephonic interview. The first interview was with HR where she clarified Benefits and asked questions about my salary expectations. She was pretty clear in giving the details. After almost two weeks, I got the reference request where you have to provide 5 references names and contact details. After my references were completed (within 3 days), I got the call from HR with the offer. When I accepted the offer, I got several e-mails for new hire paperwork and for drug/blood work. I joined after 2 weeks of accepting the offer. Overall, I had a very positive experience and found Moffitt people very professional and thorough.

Scientific Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Put in an application through their website (which takes a while, due to a 100 question personality inventory - clearly aimed at healthcare-specific workers rather than IT - but that's probably the majority of their hiring work). Had a quick callback (~2 business days) from HR, followed by a phone call with the hiring manager within the week. About a week later, I had a skype interview with the group the position would be with (I was applying from a remote location), and another phone interview (the next day) with other folks the position would work with. Everyone was friendly and professional - good overall experience. Then, as another reviewer noted, it took a very long time after that to hear anything concrete back - about a month and a half, which was an offer to bring me in for an on-site interview. By that point, I'd secured a position elsewhere - so I declined. So - if you are waiting, but haven't head 'no' - don't despair!

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a brief chat with an HR representative, followed by two in-person interviews with the manager and director. After that, I was asked to return for two more interviews - one with the VP and a panel interview with the PR team. After about a week I received an email requesting that I provide references. The next day I received the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Moffitt, and why this role specifically?   1 Answer

Patient Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Very easy, the lady who interviewed me was very kind, ask a few questions, some i answered righg away, others i had to think about. I felt like we we friends and that I knew her my whole life. Very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• They ask if I was ever in an emergency situation in life, if so how I acted?   1 Answer

Research Coordinator I Interview

Application

Interview

2 parts: 1) meet with HR and discuss benefits, programs, etc. 2) actual interview. Questions were good, engaging and manager was present. The interview was only 30 min--do wish they were a bit longer and encouraged more questions. Come prepared with questions about the position and ask them early!

It took me 9 applications over 4 months to land a job with Moffitt.

Interview Questions

• How might you deal if X, Y, Z, C patients call in at the same time? Triage for us.   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied jun 1,2016 recieved a call a week and a few days later for an interview. Setup interview for the next day, making it a Friday. Went to the interview got hired on the spot. Waited to receive reference email to complete. Soon as those came back in time. I got called with an job offer, I accepted it and completed the forms they email me including background check. Afterwards I got an call to set up an appointment with the on boarding human research representative and employee health nurse to complete final paper work an pre employment physical and urine sample to make sure im capable to do the job. After everything came back good I received an email with instructions to show up at orientation.

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview started with brief introductions. Then, the interviewer proceeded with a series of questions about my research experience, work ethic, and college/graduate courses. Lastly, we talked about the research of study, role of the position, and hours.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences in a clinical and lab research setting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 months with first over the phone and then face to face. It took quite sometime to finally get the job and after I did blood work, drug testing and background check.