Mohawk Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mohawk Industries Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.4

Accountant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries.

Interview

I had applied for the position back in November 2016. I received a phone call in January for a general phone screen by the recruiter. At the end of the conversation, I had another phone call a few days later with the two hiring managers. The two hiring managers ask about your who you are, background and the go into the detail for the position itself. I was asked to come in to an onsite interview a couple of weeks later.

The onsite interview consisted of back to back interviews with a couple of associates, two hiring managers, the person I would be replacing, and the VP of finance. The interviews went extremely well in my opinion, but it does take up the majority of the day (an hour a person). The interview setting was comfortable and they want to get to know you in a typical interview format.

I was told I would hear back from them in at least a couple of weeks, but I had not heard from them until a month later with a rejection e-mail. Before the rejection letter, I had tried to follow up with the hiring managers to see whether or not I had landed the job. Unfortunately, i had not heard any correspondence. I am not sure why the didn't choose me as I was confident I did very well, but I am sure they had their reason(s).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What did you do at X company? Can you handle X situation(s)?   Answer Question

Trainer Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calhoun, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries (Calhoun, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initially spoke with recruiter over phone before in person interview. In person interview was very casual, more of a conversational interview. Panel interview with demonstration. Team was informative about company, team and position.

Plant Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries.

Interview

I was contacted via email by HR. She said I'd be an ideal candidate and to please click on the link to fill out an application. I responded to her email and said that I would complete it the next day. She replied thank you and looked forward to speaking to me. That was almost a month ago and I still have not heard from her nor anyone at Mohawk. Very disappointing and will reconsider my purchase of its products in the future. If this is how they treat potential employees, I would hate to see how they treat their employees.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions yet because I was not called   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries (Dalton, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in December of 2016 and received a phone call from a recruiter in mid-January asking me to arrive at a local carpet mill for an interview. I was given an appointment a week from the initial phone screening which was pretty easy, just basic questions regarding my resume and background. When I arrived for my interview a week later I met with the Plant Manager. We sat and had a 1 on 1 interview. He went over my background and experience and wasn't being too critical. We talked about the manufacturing process and I showed interest in the industry. However it didn't seal the deal and I received a rejection e-mail a month later.

Interview Questions

• Would you be fine managing factory floor personnel and their schedules?   1 Answer

SAP Business Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online on a Saturday and received an initial email from the recruiter that the hiring manager wanted to speak with me and when to set up an initial phone call, a few days later. The hiring manager and I spoke for nearly an hour.

I was invited shortly thereafter for an in-face interview with 4 interviewers one-on-one over 4 hours. I felt it went pretty well, and was pretty pleased after the interview. I was told that they would be making the decision within the next few weeks.

I gave it an extra week before replying. The reply I received was very salty and left a sour taste in my mouth. The recruiter mentioned that I was to never reply back to them, and that they would "be in touch." Just FYI: I asked in a very neutral manner, just for a status update, and if anyone was selected.

The interview was back in August 2016. January 25th, I received the official rejection email.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would approach their solution when there was hardly any documentation available.   Answer Question

Senior, Transportation Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and in about a week was contacted by HR. Had an HR phone screen then phone interview with a Senior Manager about a week later. Then phone interview with Director, then in person with a slew of Senior Managers, Directors and VP's individually.

All seemed to go well, and each individual asked if I meet with the VP yet. He was the last. they all warned me he could be really nice, difficult, and even harsh. When I made it to the VP he asked me questions and was very into telling me how connected he was with so many companies in my area of expertise (logistics).

While trying to answer him as he went he spent about 5 minutes looking through his desk to show me his business card form his former employer and what his role was. It seemed like he was acting like the Pope and wanted me to kiss his ring. He was very arrogant. Up to meeting him I felt I had done well, after meeting him I felt out of the running.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions were asked. Nothing difficult.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries (Clifton, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied months ago and recently got a call from a DM. Interviewed the next day at a flooring store. When I got there the DM walked me around the store for at least 30 minutes explaining all the carpets they carried. After 5 minutes I lost interest. I figured we would sit down and discuss the role and my past history. The DM was a real nice guy but his interview was poor. We sat there for an hour and a half and I might have said 10 words. He kept going on and on . All over the place. Really didn't get a clear idea of the job. We finally got down to salary and he said we can offer you 50,000/yr. Right there I knew this wasn't for me. I just didn't feel right about the selling carpet thing. Kind of felt like a used car salesman.

Sales Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Sales Trainee Program and received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very casual and she told me that she would give my information to the hiring manager and informed me that he might want to do a video interview.
    A month later I received an email asking for a recorded video interview. I did the interview and submitted it and 2 months later, I haven't heard back. The status on their career site says "under review."

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter asking me to apply for the position if I was interested. I then spoke with her on the phone. She said she was new to the position and it showed. I thought I did a good job explaining how my background fit the position description.
    She said she sent my information to the hiring manager. In addition, I did a skills test screening.

About 2 days later, I received an email from the recruiter with a question that was written by the hiring manager asking about my background. I wrote a follow up, explaining how my background was almost exactly what the job description asked for. I never heard back or was asked anything further.

The process seemed to be waste of time for all involved. I'm not sure why I was contacted if I wasn't going to even get a phone interview with the hiring manager. The recruiters clearly need to spend more time researching the position.

Interview Questions

• Although I wasn't directly asked, the hiring manager apparently had a question regarding my background.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries (Dalton, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The manager seemed bewildered about why I was applying for the job. He indicated I was more qualified for his job than the one I was interviewing for. Indicated he could not pay what the job paid year before.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position.   1 Answer