Molina Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.6

1. Featured Interview

ACTT Team RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare in February 2017.

Interview

Participated in an interview for a salaried position at a local office. I was interviewed by the immediate supervisor. Interview questions were relevant to position, nothing off-the-wall. She seemed interested in me as a candidate and four days later I was contacted by corporate with a job offer. I am accepting the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you dealt with a difficult patient and how you handled the situation.
      Tell me one of your weaknesses and what you have done in order to overcome that weakness.
      Answer Question

Post Partum Out Reach Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The interview with Molina was very NEGATIVE. I was interviewed by 2 ladies who attacked me at any chance they could have, because to them "I don't have much experience". Every question they asked was to make me feel dumb, and after every question they asked a sub-question as if they trying to trick me. I knew immediately I would not get the job.

Interview Questions

• You don't have much experience, but tell me how do you prioritize tasks?   Answer Question

Director QI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Waited 3+ months for a signal, then all of a sudden was called for an interview by phone. I had to scramble to quickly prep for the interview. The interviewers were cold, lacking in any empathy or desire to really understand my qualifications. The tone and questions were all "Gotcha!" type of questions... lots of questions related to, " give me a time when you did something wrong" and "give me a time when you had to give bad news to a VP". The interviewer, she was unpleasant and condescending. Would never work for such a heavy-handed mean individual.

Interview Questions

• On nearly all questions, the tone and words were that I was not qualified for the position, I felt bullied and insulted. Not nice people!   1 Answer

I was told that while I am not qualified for the position, I could be considered for a much lower level position working for the interviewer. After her bullying personality came through loud and clear, I would steer clear of such an individual, even if the place is in Oakbrook. Would never want to work for this ogre.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Contacted through agency, first interview with team lead as screen. Was enthusiastic about bringing me onboard, but warned that he did not understand hiring/department manager questions and style and why the two seemed out of synch. Two weeks later, met with department manager and PMO lead. He was quiet, she was scattered and bossy. More of a challenge interview, "I don't like you so convince to hire you" versus "I need help, how can you help me"

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but more of a why, "Tell me the most important deliverable for a kickoff meeting"   1 Answer

Healthcare Data Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Boise, ID) in December 2012.

Interview

It went well all the dates were scheduled as expected took a total of 3 interviews from technical to hr in a span of 15 days. I liked the panel interview where it gave me a perspective on the folks that work for this company and specially folks I'm going to work with.

Interview Questions

• Several areas managing folks (team members) to technical question on previous roles/experiences and my goals for the future.   Answer Question

Community Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Pensacola, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online to several positions. Was contacted shortly after (3-5 days later) by a recruiter. Recruiter was nice. He informed me of an interview blitz in the area. Arrived to interview about an hour early. My named was called and sat down with one of their hiring managers. She had a flat effect. Her accent was quite heavy and very soft. I kept asking her to repeat herself. After a week I called the recruiter and he stated that he hasn't seen the "list yet". He told me to call back in a week or so. I emailed him after two weeks and he did not even reply.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

there were 3 people in the room and they took turns interviewing me asking different questions. The room was no bigger than a small office. After about 30-40 min I was told I would be called back for a second interview. I was then called back to meet with the office manager. once the interview process was complete I waited about 2 weeks for an offer

Interview Questions

• I do not wish to relay questions   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?error   1 Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Allis, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (West Allis, WI).

Interview

They had more than 1 Supervisor interview me-a bit intimidating. They reviewed the job description very quickly-it was confusing. The conference room was already booked but we got interrupted by a group that wanted to have a meeting there. I did not get a very good feeling that I had the job by the younger supervisor and waited a while for them to get back to me. One manager was very nice and very friendly but the other one was not dressed professionally and seemed very judgmental.

Interview Questions

• How well do I manage change?
      What kind of supervisor do I like?
      2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare in March 2014.

Interview

Very good interview process. I had only one face-to-face interview and one phone interview for a contract position. The hiring manager asked very valid questions regarding Data Analysis. The two concepts that were asked that I do not use were correlated subqueries and the exist clause. I do not use these at all and this threw me. The questions were fair.

Interview Questions

• Exists clause in SQL. I do not use it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a contract my rate was agreed upon prior to interviewing

Provider Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Bothell, WA).

Interview

I interviewed with two supervisors who asked some template questions that come from a Molina worksheet. It was somewhat of a good cop/bad cop scenario and I felt as though I connected with one of the interviewers but not the other.

Interview Questions

• The standard question of "describe a difficult situation in a past job" is always a struggle to cough in a positive light.   Answer Question

Negotiation

What negotiation?

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare in December 2008.

Interview

I was called and the person who woujld soon be my supervisor did a quick phone screening interview. Basically these questions were to see if I would meet the basic qualifications and if I was willing to do the job. I remember being asked if I had a car, valid insurance, was I willing to travel, etc.. After the screening we scheduled an interview. I was told I would be giving a brief 5 minute presentation to a small group. I could use props if I wanted such as a poster, storyboard, or powerpoint. I was told to arrive 10-15 minutes early. This is important - be early!! I arrived 11 minutes early and the receptionist actually greeted me by saying "whew, 1 minute and you would have been late!" I was intereviewed by 2 people. I did the presentation where I used a nice storyboard I had created as a visual aid. They said the presentation could be on absolutely anything. I chose healthcare since it was a healthcare company. After the interview where we ran through typical questions, I had a writing assignment. I cannot remember the questions but it was timed and there were 2 essays. Very stressful but both interviewers were very friendly and made the experience okay to get through.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, however next time I would.