Momentive Performance Materials Interview Questions in Albany, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Corporate Finance and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials (Waterford, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. 1 and half hour interview with 3 sections. Each section was for half hour. 2 interviewer per section. And whole process takes about 2 weeks. Questions are mainly from your resume.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterford, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials (Waterford, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

A full day of interviews. I met with various individuals in 45 minute slots. They each came in with my resume and although some some had a list of pre-printed interview questions to ask me most did not. The most difficult part was having enough questions to keep asking the various interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company [Momentive]   1 Answer

Operations Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials (Albany, NY).

Interview

The first contact was made at a military job recruiting fair. That led to an onsite visit. This was a full day process. Lunch was provided. There were 6 sets of 2-on-1 interviews. They provided a group lunch which was a more congenial atmosphere. I was given positive feedback at the end of the session.

Interview Questions

• What is my background in supply chain management   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials (Waterford, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone screen interview followed by two in-person interviews. The first on-site interview was with the hiring manager (nice guy) and it lasted one hour. The second on-site interview was with 6 different people (all brief, one-on-one interviews) followed by a brief meeting with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little wiggle room to negotiate. They definitely have a strict starting salary range.

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials (Waterford, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

The phone interview went well, it was with the hiring manager. The interview was set up 2 weeks later. There were 3 others interviewing at the same time. I gave a 45 minute presentation, and then proceeded to interview with a human resource employee, the project leader, 2 technologists, 2 managers and their manager.
    The culture is very open and relaxed, and seem to be moving to their own style away from their former GE culture (which is a good thing).
     The people are very friendly. The facilities...are old (though they will open a brand new technology center in a few years).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in the past where you disagreed with a superior in terms of the direction of your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was my only negative of the process. I attempted to negotiate for more vacation, but they were firm in not giving anything beyond the initial offer.