Monash University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Monash University Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caulfield (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monash University (Caulfield (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. It took about 1 week. First was a phone interview with HR. Then I was invited to an assessment centre. Assessment took about 3 hours or so.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monash (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monash University (Monash (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a research oriented role and interviewed with a couple of Professors from one of the research centers, very relaxed. Briefly, introduced themselves and described the role and explained what was required of me. The interviewers took turns to ask questions but mainly focused on a paper i had published. The other interviewer looked less interested and i should say maybe was a bit rude at the end of the interview. But, all looked genuinely nice people.

Interview Questions

• Honed in on one of my published papers and asked very technical questions. Other questions included; What are your strengths? Why Monash university? Tell us about your research? What is your next paper? etc.   1 Answer

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview then an invite to an assessment centre,

Presentation on Monash (BS alert)

Ice breaker 'getting to know you' activity (bog standard, meet the "Faaabulous" team leaders)

Group activity to see how you work in a team (Plane crash in the jungle)

Phone role play to test your phone and customer service skills (One call from irate student)

Written case study and response to test your comprehension and written skills. (A reply to an email from a student)

Get out!

Staff seemed unorganised, aggressive and a bit up themselves.

No feedback given, No call back for outcome.

Very unprofessional, would have declined offer anyway.

Student Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2014.

Interview

Quite informal.

Interview Questions

• What would I list as my negative traits?   1 Answer