Monash University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.1

Monash Connect Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application in the first instance, quick response by HR Manager to arrange an interview time and conduct the initial phone screen. Then group interview a few days later with relaxed, fun atmosphere. Impressive group of candidates and the afternoon passed by very quickly. Super quick follow up with HR partner to arrange panel interview. Efficient and professional.

Interview Questions

• Q: What prompted you to apply for the position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview then an invite to an assessment centre,

Presentation on Monash (BS alert)

Ice breaker 'getting to know you' activity (bog standard, meet the "Faaabulous" team leaders)

Group activity to see how you work in a team (Plane crash in the jungle)

Phone role play to test your phone and customer service skills (One call from irate student)

Written case study and response to test your comprehension and written skills. (A reply to an email from a student)

Get out!

Staff seemed unorganised, aggressive and a bit up themselves.

No feedback given, No call back for outcome.

Very unprofessional, would have declined offer anyway.

Teaching Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

There is no really an interview process. Research assistants fill a form to indicate which subjects they would like to assist. The lecturer of the course hires accordingly. They may have a very short interview.

Interview Questions

• The level of understanding on the subject. How much time they may spend without effecting their research work.   Answer Question

Communications Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2015.

Interview

3 person panel - 2 women, 1 man (Monash requires a minimum of 1 woman out of every 3 people on a panel). Interview was held on campus in a small meeting room. Water was provided. Interview was fairly relaxed with relatively few challenging questions. Not all panel members were actively asking questions or reacting to responses - I suspect that one person might have been an HR representative, with little connection to the role itself.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about your previous experience developing communications plans?   Answer Question

Laboratory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2014.

Interview

- Phone interview where I was asked about my qualifications and skills
    - In person interview with HR and Senior Management where I was asked to present a challenging situation in previous job and how I resolved any issues pertaining to it
    - Group activity that may result in difference of opinion and how it was resolved.

Interview Questions

• - What was your previous job like and what did you like about the job
      - Why do you want with Monash
      Answer Question

Student Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2014.

Interview

Quite informal.

Interview Questions

• What would I list as my negative traits?   1 Answer

Events Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2013.

Interview

Two stage interview, one with outside recruitment agency then with employer after getting recommendation to interview. Interview was quite relaxed, simply asked about knowledge of systems & processes.

The interview seemed to be based around previous experience and how I handled pressure.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high pressure situations   1 Answer

IT Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2013.

Interview

Fast, accurate and deliverable process. it starts with phone call interview by HR people, then it goes to 1 to 1 session interview with HR, Department and with technical person. It was on time process without any delays. Documents are being asked with full detail approach.

Service Delivery Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2012.

Interview

Very professional and straightforward; expectations of the role were made very clear. The interview panel were very friendly and open about the role and the team structure and the workplace culture. It is obvious that they care about their staff and recruit according to their needs and whether someone has the skill set for the dynamic service delivery team.

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2012.

Interview

Selection criteria, phone interview, face to face interview, 2nd face to face interview, offer, contract, start

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the other candidates   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked to start the next week, they asked for a week later.