Monash University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Monash University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.2

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caulfield (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monash University (Caulfield (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. It took about 1 week. First was a phone interview with HR. Then I was invited to an assessment centre. Assessment took about 3 hours or so.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monash (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monash University (Monash (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a research oriented role and interviewed with a couple of Professors from one of the research centers, very relaxed. Briefly, introduced themselves and described the role and explained what was required of me. The interviewers took turns to ask questions but mainly focused on a paper i had published. The other interviewer looked less interested and i should say maybe was a bit rude at the end of the interview. But, all looked genuinely nice people.

Interview Questions

• Honed in on one of my published papers and asked very technical questions. Other questions included; What are your strengths? Why Monash university? Tell us about your research? What is your next paper? etc.   1 Answer

IT Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2013.

Interview

Fast, accurate and deliverable process. it starts with phone call interview by HR people, then it goes to 1 to 1 session interview with HR, Department and with technical person. It was on time process without any delays. Documents are being asked with full detail approach.

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview then an invite to an assessment centre,

Presentation on Monash (BS alert)

Ice breaker 'getting to know you' activity (bog standard, meet the "Faaabulous" team leaders)

Group activity to see how you work in a team (Plane crash in the jungle)

Phone role play to test your phone and customer service skills (One call from irate student)

Written case study and response to test your comprehension and written skills. (A reply to an email from a student)

Get out!

Staff seemed unorganised, aggressive and a bit up themselves.

No feedback given, No call back for outcome.

Very unprofessional, would have declined offer anyway.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monash University (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

As I was overseas the interview consisted of a phone interview with a panel of professors that I would be working with. The interview was relatively informal in that regard. We exchanged questions regarding the scope of the research project, how it was funded and what my role in it would be.

Service Delivery Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2012.

Interview

Very professional and straightforward; expectations of the role were made very clear. The interview panel were very friendly and open about the role and the team structure and the workplace culture. It is obvious that they care about their staff and recruit according to their needs and whether someone has the skill set for the dynamic service delivery team.

Student Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2014.

Interview

Quite informal.

Interview Questions

• What would I list as my negative traits?   1 Answer

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2012.

Interview

Selection criteria, phone interview, face to face interview, 2nd face to face interview, offer, contract, start

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the other candidates   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked to start the next week, they asked for a week later.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2011.

Interview

A phone interview about the current project and what is expect out of his/her lab. The PI talks about their research and lab and potential projects. Ask for recommendation and a chance for the interview to give a presentation of his/her work.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years from now?   1 Answer
    • What are your technical skills and what can you contribute to this lab?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation really. Just ask what is expected, what are the salaries, what's covered, what's not, and so and so forth.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Monash University.

Interview

Very easy going, like have a chat with some friends. It was quite informal and easy to schedule around other work and school. It did not take long for them to get back to me about their final decision.

Interview Questions

• Are you more of a follower or a leader? Where are you most comfortable in a team environment?   Answer Question