Monash University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.2

Assistant Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2008.

Interview

It was an informal discussion with the person who looked after all of the tutors at Monash. She was interested to learn why I wanted to be a tutor, what experience I had and those sorts of issues. Technical ability did not come into nor did understanding of economics. She was not even interested in one's ability to control a class room full of rowdy students.

Interview Questions

• Who was your favourite tutor and why?   1 Answer

Events Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2013.

Interview

Two stage interview, one with outside recruitment agency then with employer after getting recommendation to interview. Interview was quite relaxed, simply asked about knowledge of systems & processes.

The interview seemed to be based around previous experience and how I handled pressure.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high pressure situations   1 Answer

Laboratory Technician (Casual) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2011.

Interview

An email was sent out to all staff through the internal staff and student mailing list. After replying to the job ad, I received a reply asking for an interview. After the short interview, I receive the job offer within 2 days.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Monash University in May 2011.

Interview

I had a skype meeting with a potential PhD supervisor as I was overseas. They discussed my academic background and assessed my compatibility with their research group. I explained my research interests and discussed a proposal for a future project. The interview itself was very relaxed. We had a face-to-face conversation. There were two such discussions and then I applied through their online system.

Interview Questions

• My specific academic strengths.   1 Answer

Teaching Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

There is no really an interview process. Research assistants fill a form to indicate which subjects they would like to assist. The lecturer of the course hires accordingly. They may have a very short interview.

Interview Questions

• The level of understanding on the subject. How much time they may spend without effecting their research work.   Answer Question

Laboratory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2014.

Interview

- Phone interview where I was asked about my qualifications and skills
    - In person interview with HR and Senior Management where I was asked to present a challenging situation in previous job and how I resolved any issues pertaining to it
    - Group activity that may result in difference of opinion and how it was resolved.

Interview Questions

• - What was your previous job like and what did you like about the job
      - Why do you want with Monash   Answer Question

Monash Connect Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application in the first instance, quick response by HR Manager to arrange an interview time and conduct the initial phone screen. Then group interview a few days later with relaxed, fun atmosphere. Impressive group of candidates and the afternoon passed by very quickly. Super quick follow up with HR partner to arrange panel interview. Efficient and professional.

Interview Questions

• Q: What prompted you to apply for the position?   1 Answer

Communications Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2015.

Interview

3 person panel - 2 women, 1 man (Monash requires a minimum of 1 woman out of every 3 people on a panel). Interview was held on campus in a small meeting room. Water was provided. Interview was fairly relaxed with relatively few challenging questions. Not all panel members were actively asking questions or reacting to responses - I suspect that one person might have been an HR representative, with little connection to the role itself.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about your previous experience developing communications plans?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2013.

Interview

I was brought in as a casual research assistant at the Monash University Clayton Campus. The interview involved meeting with the lab supervisor, postgraduate students, and a run down of the necessary skills and processes required to work the equipment. A discussion of field work experience in Victoria was completed, along with the necessary number of days required to be split between fieldwork and analysis in the lab. The supervisor was excellent in all respects.

Interview Questions

• Would you be happy to work in the field, collecting samples and data that will be eventually published?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Monash University.

Interview

Very easy going, like have a chat with some friends. It was quite informal and easy to schedule around other work and school. It did not take long for them to get back to me about their final decision.

Interview Questions

• Are you more of a follower or a leader? Where are you most comfortable in a team environment?   Answer Question