Monash University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.1

IT Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2013.

Interview

Fast, accurate and deliverable process. it starts with phone call interview by HR people, then it goes to 1 to 1 session interview with HR, Department and with technical person. It was on time process without any delays. Documents are being asked with full detail approach.

Laboratory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2014.

Interview

- Phone interview where I was asked about my qualifications and skills
    - In person interview with HR and Senior Management where I was asked to present a challenging situation in previous job and how I resolved any issues pertaining to it
    - Group activity that may result in difference of opinion and how it was resolved.

Interview Questions

• - What was your previous job like and what did you like about the job
      - Why do you want with Monash
      Answer Question

Communications Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2015.

Interview

3 person panel - 2 women, 1 man (Monash requires a minimum of 1 woman out of every 3 people on a panel). Interview was held on campus in a small meeting room. Water was provided. Interview was fairly relaxed with relatively few challenging questions. Not all panel members were actively asking questions or reacting to responses - I suspect that one person might have been an HR representative, with little connection to the role itself.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about your previous experience developing communications plans?   Answer Question

Monash Connect Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application in the first instance, quick response by HR Manager to arrange an interview time and conduct the initial phone screen. Then group interview a few days later with relaxed, fun atmosphere. Impressive group of candidates and the afternoon passed by very quickly. Super quick follow up with HR partner to arrange panel interview. Efficient and professional.

Interview Questions

• Q: What prompted you to apply for the position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview then an invite to an assessment centre,

Presentation on Monash (BS alert)

Ice breaker 'getting to know you' activity (bog standard, meet the "Faaabulous" team leaders)

Group activity to see how you work in a team (Plane crash in the jungle)

Phone role play to test your phone and customer service skills (One call from irate student)

Written case study and response to test your comprehension and written skills. (A reply to an email from a student)

Get out!

Staff seemed unorganised, aggressive and a bit up themselves.

No feedback given, No call back for outcome.

Very unprofessional, would have declined offer anyway.

Teaching Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

There is no really an interview process. Research assistants fill a form to indicate which subjects they would like to assist. The lecturer of the course hires accordingly. They may have a very short interview.

Interview Questions

• The level of understanding on the subject. How much time they may spend without effecting their research work.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monash University (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

As I was overseas the interview consisted of a phone interview with a panel of professors that I would be working with. The interview was relatively informal in that regard. We exchanged questions regarding the scope of the research project, how it was funded and what my role in it would be.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Monash University in May 2011.

Interview

I had a skype meeting with a potential PhD supervisor as I was overseas. They discussed my academic background and assessed my compatibility with their research group. I explained my research interests and discussed a proposal for a future project. The interview itself was very relaxed. We had a face-to-face conversation. There were two such discussions and then I applied through their online system.

Interview Questions

• My specific academic strengths.   1 Answer

Service Delivery Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2012.

Interview

Very professional and straightforward; expectations of the role were made very clear. The interview panel were very friendly and open about the role and the team structure and the workplace culture. It is obvious that they care about their staff and recruit according to their needs and whether someone has the skill set for the dynamic service delivery team.

Laboratory Technician (Casual) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2011.

Interview

An email was sent out to all staff through the internal staff and student mailing list. After replying to the job ad, I received a reply asking for an interview. After the short interview, I receive the job offer within 2 days.