Monetary Authority of Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Monetary Authority of Singapore Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore.

Interview

Apply to specific job scopes and I was shortlisted within a month after I applied.

First round was a round table case study + essay writing.
    They got back after 2 weeks to let me know I was shortlisted for the second round.

Second round was a face to face interview with the department officers and 1 HR officer.
    They asked about prior relevant experiences and asked some technical questions.

Took quite a while to respond after the 2nd round but the officers were really nice and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I applied online for the graduate officer programme, and got called to attend a 2 hours long assessment centre. It started with 1 hour of group discussion, and followed by 45 minutes of essay test. The whole process was smooth, very well organised by HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2017.

Interview

1st round: Psychometric tests
    2nd round: Group Assessment & Essay

Applied online a few months ago. Shortlisted for second round about 2 weeks after the psychometric test,
    Smooth process although HR replies can be delayed

Graduate Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tanjong Pagar (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore (Tanjong Pagar (Singapore)) in November 2017.

Interview

The first round is a group discussion followed by a writing test.
    For the group discussion, the topic was not related to economics or finance. It was on ethical reasoning. There was also a question that each candidate is supposed to answer individually.
    For the 45min writing test, the first part was to write a summary of a Straits Times article, and the second part was to answer one of three questions. The questions are like the ones in interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced difficulty and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Graduate Officer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

1st round: Group interview and writing assessment

Case discussion with 8 people. Very generic and did not test any technical capabilities. They want to see team work and communication skills.
    45 minutes summary and essay question.

Waiting for next round

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore.

Interview

1st round - Essay, was called within 1 week for 2nd round - 10 mins case discussion followed by interview by a panel of 3 including HR and another 20 mins exercise to document discussion.

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

group discussion/panel discussion, presented with a case study and was asked to discuss about how to deal with the situation at hand. the essay component took 45 minutes, and evaluated candidates on writing ability, clarity and cohesiveness.

Interview Questions

• what singapore national policy would you like to implement/change?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

On-site group discussion, with seven to eight people for a group. giving a very general business case to analyze. Giving around 30 minutes for the case, after case need to give presentation for the two HR.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Assessment center: one simple business case and an article summary exercise
    2. Panel Interview: Big bosses from two departments of your choice
    3."Informal Chat Session": Bosses who work under one of the big bosses from the panel interview

Feedback:
    1. Extremely slow process. Many of the applicants had to call in to enquire about the status and only to be informed that they have not progressed to the next round (that is really really unfair to the applicants in my opinions, they are wasting the candidates' time and also inflicting a huge load of mental stress on them)

2. The last is called "informal chat session," but the actual meeting was a far cry from being informal. I was grilled on my knowledge of the department that I was applying for, and the interviewers asked me to provide evidence to support the statements I made. And at the end of the interview, they told me it could potentially take up to a few months to get back to me due to the significant amount of internal approvals needed.

3. After getting my rejection email, I called back to inquire on the areas that I can improve based on my performances throughout the interviews but was only dismissed by the HR with one sentence "It is just that there is someone whom the department thinks is a better fit than you." The reason I was not chosen is that I was inferior to the successful applicants in certain areas, and the HR did not even bother to help me to check on those. When I made the same inquiry to UOB, the HR personnel called me to explain to me stage by stage what are the things I can do better in the future. The first thing she said in the call was:" I feel that it is better for me to call you personally to answer your questions because we do want to help our candidates to succeed elsewhere too". That is what I called professionalism (UOB).

Interview Questions

• How is your writing abilities?
      Why MAS?
      What is your outlook on the banking and capital markets sector?
      What government policies do you want to change and why?   Answer Question

Graduate Officers Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore in December 2016.

Interview

One of the most inefficient HR department I've ever met.

Submitted the online application in September, but only managed to get a reply from them more than 3 months later in mid December. After the first round of interview, it takes nearly one month for them to send out reject offers. All in all, the whole process took a whopping 4 months. Considering that MAS is a stat board, and other ministries took way lesser time than them, I couldn't imagine the amount of red-tape in MAS.