Monetary Authority of Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.2

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

group discussion/panel discussion, presented with a case study and was asked to discuss about how to deal with the situation at hand. the essay component took 45 minutes, and evaluated candidates on writing ability, clarity and cohesiveness.

Interview Questions

• what singapore national policy would you like to implement/change?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Assessment center: one simple business case and an article summary exercise
    2. Panel Interview: Big bosses from two departments of your choice
    3."Informal Chat Session": Bosses who work under one of the big bosses from the panel interview

Feedback:
    1. Extremely slow process. Many of the applicants had to call in to enquire about the status and only to be informed that they have not progressed to the next round (that is really really unfair to the applicants in my opinions, they are wasting the candidates' time and also inflicting a huge load of mental stress on them)

2. The last is called "informal chat session," but the actual meeting was a far cry from being informal. I was grilled on my knowledge of the department that I was applying for, and the interviewers asked me to provide evidence to support the statements I made. And at the end of the interview, they told me it could potentially take up to a few months to get back to me due to the significant amount of internal approvals needed.

3. After getting my rejection email, I called back to inquire on the areas that I can improve based on my performances throughout the interviews but was only dismissed by the HR with one sentence "It is just that there is someone whom the department thinks is a better fit than you." The reason I was not chosen is that I was inferior to the successful applicants in certain areas, and the HR did not even bother to help me to check on those. When I made the same inquiry to UOB, the HR personnel called me to explain to me stage by stage what are the things I can do better in the future. The first thing she said in the call was:" I feel that it is better for me to call you personally to answer your questions because we do want to help our candidates to succeed elsewhere too". That is what I called professionalism (UOB).

Interview Questions

• How is your writing abilities?
      Why MAS?
      What is your outlook on the banking and capital markets sector?
      What government policies do you want to change and why?
      Answer Question

Graduate Officers Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore in December 2016.

Interview

One of the most inefficient HR department I've ever met.

Submitted the online application in September, but only managed to get a reply from them more than 3 months later in mid December. After the first round of interview, it takes nearly one month for them to send out reject offers. All in all, the whole process took a whopping 4 months. Considering that MAS is a stat board, and other ministries took way lesser time than them, I couldn't imagine the amount of red-tape in MAS.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2016.

Interview

Efficient, professional experience. Friendly interviewers. Quick follow-up within a week of the interview. Enjoyed the experience. Had to take a written test that was specific to the role - managed to answer all of the questions, but almost ran out of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

First round: Case Study and written assessment

Case study is in group of 5, would be asked to come up with action plan. Good to have some biz knowledge

Written assessment is manageable. Summary of article and some personal questions

Interview Questions

• One difficult situation you met with and how do you resolve   Answer Question

Graduate Officers Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore in September 2016.

Interview

Assessment round was group case, where you had to work as a group. It was quite dependent on who your groupmates are. The other group had an extremely dominant person who spoke so loud that my group's concentration was affected. After which there was an individual written test with time limit. Questions asked were very reasonable and the HR is extremely professional in handling the entire hiring process - sufficient information given and gets back on next steps extremely efficiently.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions would depend on the actual day's case chosen. But pretty generic and all disciplines should be able to reasonably handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

If you are shortlisted, you will be called down for a psychometric testing.
    Consisted of both numeric and reasoning tests (Evaluation of argument, e.g.)
    Done under time constraints.
    Come prepared with current economics knowledge and basic mathematical concepts.
    Be able to read and understand essays within a short span/analyze the passage within a short time

Graduate Officers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

First round was on the psychometric test
    1st part on numeric. This section was given 20 mins. Overall there's some time constraint as basic calculations are needed and no calculators were allowed in the hall
    2nd on logical. this section was given 40 mins. overall more time as compared to numeric section.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore.

Interview

Nice discussion about the role and the challenges faced at work. It is an organisation that values its people and is willing to send staff for training to stay updated with the skills required for work.

Deputy Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Monetary Authority of Singapore.

Interview

Was asked to go down for an interview. It began with a short test to assess your knowledge in the job you are applying for. After the test, there was a panel interview with 2 TLs and a manager.
    I felt that one of the interviewers needed to be trained on how to conduct an interview professionally - putting people down due to their lack of knowledge in a specific domain is certainly a no-go; if you don't think the candidate is a fit for the role at all, then why hold an interview session?

I was given the impression that they expect the new hire to know everything needed for the role and little training will be provided.

The main interviewer seems disinterested in answering candidate's questions about the work life balance / pro-family policies - this left me thinking that even though the organization may have pro-family guidelines and policies in place, specific departments may not practise them at all.