MoneyGram International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.9

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I met with HR, then the hiring manager. Both were quick and easy. Then that same night got the job offer. (need to fill in space bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla)

Interview Questions

• What kind of a salary are you looking for?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with one person. After that I was brought in for a panel interview. Very friendly group and nice people. Building is nice and updated. Would interview with them again.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience agile/scrum teams/iterative releases?
      What types of tools and systems have you used in your roles? Are you a novice/expert in MS project?
      What do you think are your top two qualities as a project manager? What two things do you dislike about being a project manager?
      How do you determine what is most important and prioritize what work gets done when you have limited resources to complete several projects?
      Answer Question
    • What happens if you have resources that aren’t available and the work can’t get done?
      Tell about a time where you had resource constraints, how you managed that and how it turned out?
      How do you handle situations where a resource has a deliverable past due? (ie mitigation and follow up)
      Answer Question
    • What do you do with your stakeholders when you have to tell them that a project won’t work in a timeline or needs to be moved?
      In your previous experience what has been your role when it comes to talking to a client about potential issues with a project?
       If you are assigned a project that’s already over budget, what are the first few things you do?

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview arranged by a recruiter. The Software Development Manager called me directly on my cell phone. We discussed the tech stack they are using as well as their software development process. The technical portion was short and sweet and I thought I did well. The feedback I got was that they were going to pass as I had not done well on the technical questions and I did not have a very good understanding of design patterns. This concerned me since we did not discuss design patterns.

Treasury Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The recruiter replied my email. But on that day he had something emergent so he changed the phone interview to the next week. It is kind of tricky. I prepared a lot to say according to the instruction, But after I talked a lot, the interviewer told me the job is actually focusing on data analysis and system maintaining. So my suggestion is that before you are interviewed, try to contact the interview by email and double check what they care most about the position.

Senior Director Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Got an email from recruiter shortly after applying. Set up interview. The recruiter was either inexperienced or uninterested. Very tough to make headway since the recruiter seemed to not care. Seemed only interested in checking boxes.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked about the size of budget I managed as well as my salary expectations.   Answer Question

ServiceNow Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Frisco, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the in-house recruiter with MoneyGram, who then shared my resume with the hiring manager. The recruiter arranged a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager, followed up with a 1 hour in-person interview with the hiring manager and department director. There was a mix of technical and process oriented questions. Following the interview the hiring manager asked that I take a certification exam to prove my skills, which I promptly scheduled and passed at my own expense. I submitted the results and weeks passed without hearing from Moneygram for a follow-up interview. I contacted the recruiter who apologized for the delay and promised that the hiring manager would soon be in contact. The hiring manager never contacted me; however, other outside recruiters soon contacted me about this job. I informed the in-house Moneygram recruiter of this, and he seemed genuinely embarrassed and unaware that the hiring manager was using outside recruiters to do his job.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the process of upgrading a ServiceNow instance?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe the different types of business rules?   2 Answers
    • What is the difference between a UI policy and UI action?   1 Answer

Senior Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Recruiter interview by phone followed by an onsite group interview including the hiring manager. The interview questions revolved around software experience and general background. Softball questions that allowed me to showcase my experience that would meet their demands. The hiring manager seemed driven and smart, and did admit she likes to micromanage. The position seemed great, on a great team. One of the employees was not engaged in the interview at all, looking at their phone from the start. Seemed like an odd culture, and felt like there are some undertones of resentment that the HQ moved, and may possibly move some functions to Poland. They said HR would reach out to me but I never heard back and I accepted another job.

Senior Net Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Burlingame, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Be careful with this company interview. First i was phone screened by vendor, but he didn't inform me about this, but i cleared that. Then manager called for 1st phone interview went for 30 mins. Then i went to face to face, it went around 2 hrs. After waiting around 10 days, vendor called and informed me that i am selected. Then back ground check went for a week, then vendor called me and said, company hired new VP, he canceled all new hires. I never experienced like this before.. seems like company is not doing good, not stable company to work. In future if some one get a offer also..don't stop applying other companies..never know this kind of companies.

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The company's initial contact may hit your spam folder. The day after I applied, they sent an email trying to set up an interview. The recruiter does not call or list a phone number so you get to play email tag to find out what days/times are available. In my case, they did not call at the agreed time (or at all), nor respond to any further emails. If this was an isolated incident then I would call it a fluke but other reviews have said something similar.

Interview Questions

• I can do Wed, 9/30 at 10am, 10:30am or 11am or at 2pm or 3pm. I’m out on Thurs and Friday. Let me know which of those times on Wed will work for you.   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Pompano Beach, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Started out kind of bad, as the original recruiter missed 2 scheduled phone calls, without notice, email, sorry, etc, so by the time we talked I was a bit peeved. She sent me a thanks / no thanks email the next day. But being tenacious, I reached out via LinkedIn to the hiring manager and head of HR, and I actually got a call and another round of interviews. So big thumbs up for that. I subsequently had 3 interviews with a very together sr recruiter, the CMO and the head of HR, all good interviews that asked about my relevant experience, and felt me out for a cultural fit. All very professional, upbeat and focused. MoneyGram has had a tough year and these guys seem posed to turn that around.

Interview Questions

• Very specific questions about how I had achieved the results outlined on my resume. This was a fairly high level position, so there we no "tell me about a time you dealt with an upset customer."   1 Answer