Cover image for MongoDB

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

MongoDB Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 877 interviews

3.6
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at MongoDB (Atlanta, GA) in Dec 2021

Interview

1 - 30 min phone interview screening with talent acquisition coordinator. Mostly about your background and info about the role. 2 - 45 min interview with two Regional Directors. Focus on account/territory management, pipeline building, deal you won/lost, etc 3 - Personality/trait assessment that takes about an hour 4 - 45 min interview with VP similar to questions as with the RD 5 - 1.5 hour presentation with a VP, couple RDs and hiring manager about 5/10 accounts you would plan to prospect, how and why. Followed by a mock sales call with one of those customers

Interview Questions
  • All of the interviews were pretty conversational and really focused on account management/territory planning and outreach/pipeline generation. Tell me about a deal you lost/won and what you learned? If giving 10 accounts how would you prioritize and organize a territory? How do you go about generating pipeline? What does your outreach look like? Why do you want to work at MongoDB? What do you know about MongoDB?
    Answer Question
9 people found this interview helpful

MongoDB

Application

I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

I was contacted by the Director out of the blue and she asked for my time to discuss a potential role at MongoDB. After that, I had a conversation with the recruiter. Then, they totally ghosted me. I emailed them and also contacted the Director via another channel but never heard back. I really don't appreciate people asking for my time when my time is not free and precious, then they cannot be bothered contacting back or even answering their emails. Someone I know gave me some insight into MongoDB and this is probably not the type of company, I would have been happy to work for. However, respect people's time cause you are asking for it and not the contrary.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions about sales experience, ambitions and motivation.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about MongoDB

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

MongoDB

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

Someone called me at 8 pm, introduced himself only by his first name, said he had received my resume and asked that we arrange a introductory call for the morning. (I did not apply for a Job ). We set for the morning. 10 minutes before the meeting he sent me a link to zoom. He was really angry that I did not know what his job was and that I assumed he was the HR and that he was the company's sales manager. He started asking me questions about the company and technical questions about the products, it was awkward.. The interview was firm, embarrassing, full of ego and aggressive in the end he also insulted me and concluded that the job requires long learning and in his opinion I do not have the ability to learn and I do not have the ability to talk to technical people (it is not true and doesn’t really matter cause who wants to work with such people)

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about Mongo DB What is our target market Do you know what the product all about ? Do you know who I am?
1 person found this interview helpful

MongoDB

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at MongoDB in Jun 2022

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn to schedule an interview. We connected right away on the phone, discussing long term goals and vision which left us both agreeing that MongoDB would be a great fit and he was excited to move me forward in the interview process. The next step was a personality test mixed with math questions. I was a little taken aback this early in the process for an AE role to be taking a 45 minute assessment that felt like a Myers Briggs test with basic math. Many of the questions felt random and left me confused about how this could possibly assess anything about my skills or culture fit. Things like “choose on a sliding scale if you would rather kayak or ski” or “build a shelf or read a book”. Before completing the assessment, the recruiter had set up a 30 minute follow up interview implying that the test is a formality and we would be connecting later that week. The day before that planned interview and 4 days after I had taken this fully multiple choice test I got a call that I had failed the personality portion of the test and that the call to connect further would be canceled . Feedback was that I would have trouble working remotely and feel micromanaged. Aside from how much I disagree with the legitimacy of personality tests (especially in a job interview context), the abruptness left a bad taste in my mouth. Also, I’m willing and able to learn to work in multiple environments. Even if the results of the test could possibly be true despite the fact that my previous roles had been in a remote setting and I thrived in those, I could and would have adapted. Now I’m fully turned off of MongoDB and won’t recommend it to anyone.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MongoDB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

Recruiter interview went well, process will be assessment, 3 stages of meeting the team and a final sales challenge. Halfway thru the interview I got ghosted with no explanation, followed up a few times with zero response. Left a bad taste.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

MongoDB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in Apr 2022

Interview

Very thorough, but mutually rewarding. Went into it thinking there was some great insight to gain on the industry whether I was offered the position or not. 3-4 interviews with a Regional Director and RVP followed by "The Challenge." A presentation and role play on accounts and key targets at those accounts. You'll be explaining the rationale behind why you chose those accounts. Being completely transparent, it can be tedious but for good reason. It gives you direct insight into what the role is like and helped me feel highly confident I was a good fit for MongoDB and vice versa. This is a company worth the effort from everything I've seen/experienced thus far.

Interview Questions
  • What me through a more complex sales involving multiple moving parts, and how you were able to manage it to close? How do you build a champion in your sales cycle? Why MongoDB?

MongoDB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

Longer than normal process but helpful to better understand company the people you'll be working with. Nothing extremely formal outside of the final presentation but prepared to discuss current sales process, previous deals, and why Mongo.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at MongoDB (Chicago, IL)

Interview

One thing you will soon find out is that MongoDB and its recruiters are extremely unprofessional. Zero communication and zero feedback. In the end, we are all in this industry to be successful and to help others be successful. We are all big boys and girls and can handle any negative feedback. I am obviously guessing since there was excitement in their voices when I spoke to them, but then they go dark. Weird and very unprofessional organization.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (São Paulo, São Paulo) in Oct 2021

Interview

Although very challenging, the recruiting process has a lot of support through materials and even the MongoDB team. The process was also pretty quick. It lasted a month and the steps between interviews were scheduled super agile.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you sell database? Why do you wanna leave your current job?

Anonymous Employee in Madrid

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Madrid) in Oct 2021

Interview

Interview process is very detailed, many interviews with different stakeholders and a process called Challenge that requires a lot of preparation. It's really a process that measure many soft and hard skills from the candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Many questions simulating a real business discussions to understand how the candidate behaves and how to drive challengeable questions.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews