KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

MongoDB Consulting Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 878 interviews

Other17%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

MongoDB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in Jul 2022

Interview

Recruiter reach out to me via LinkedIn DM. Whole process took around 1.5 months for me. Total seven interviews, 4 technical with consultants, 1 with hiring manager, 1 challenge round and 1 director round Below are some of the questions I have been asked during the interviews 1st interview (Consultant)
(Technical) Create DB structure for Instagram (posts, followers, following, user) 2nd interview (Senior Consultant)(Technical) Running windows exe files in linux docker container Sort array "B2", "C1", "B1", "A12" -> B1, C1, B2, A12 What if we create indexes for each field in mongoDB, how it will impact performance Performance comparison between mongoDB and mysql Benefits of using nosql bash vs zshrc Different types of bash Types of balanced trees AVL tree benefits over Balanced binary tree Load balancer in AWS and its benefits over in house one Different type of Load balancers technique How to create high availability in AWS How AWS create high availability for its DCs 3rd interview (Senior Consultant)(Technical) Normalization in DB and its level Create DB schema for BMS Do Binary tree implementation in Python Run any docker image and show if it’s running Implement Sockets in python IPC protocol and implementation (socket is an example) 4th Interview (Senior Consultant) (Technical) Create system design architecture diagram for Grand-central Write an email to customer regarding the issue in one of its hdd not mounted properly at startup in server, give its repercussion and solution Given 3 server how would you use them to build web app service for 40 employees in a company and then scale it over time when more employees have joined Lots of linux commands related to directory, networking and file ownership. Pick any one data structure of your choosing and explain it why you chose while keeping in mind regarding CRUD 5th Interview ( Hiring Manager)(General) How mobile phones are able to still able to show correct time even after the battery is drained when started after a long time General questions around family, personal Re-affirming that I can travel for 40-60% when travel resumes Gave details about challenge round (Presentation round - on any technical topic for 40-45 min) Ask simple questions in sorting List Linux components 6th Interview (Challenge Round) Select a topic yourself to give a presentation a week’s time is given for the same (needs to be thorough, polished, proficient, objection handling). prepare yourself very good because you’ll be pushed into corner by the panel (which will include at least 4-5 consulting interview) 7th Interview (senior director) (Cultural fit round) Basic questions around introduction, why consulting engineer. what’s the most proud thing you have done in your experience so far and one where you’re not (i.e. that you would want to do again) In all the rounds you’ll be given time to ask questions around the role and I encourage you to do so. Challenge round will only happen when you’ll pass at least 3 technical rounds (for me it was 3 out of 4)

Interview Questions
  • Mentioned in the description above
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MongoDB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in Jun 2022

Interview

The interview process is very straight forward and the recruiting team supported me throughout it flawlessly, They took care of organising the meetings offering a wide range of slots to pick from and responded in literally no time to every question I had. I had a total of 6 interviews which assessed my background, experience, technicality, logic and above all attitude. These allowed me to get an understanding of all the people I was potentially going to work with and also get a sense of what and how MongoDB does things. The whole process is extremely well structured (best one so far in my experience) and I got a personalised web page where the details of all the people who interviewed me were present. The candidate page includes also some tips which might come handy during the interviews. The interviewers put me at ease and I never felt any sort of negative pressure in completing or not a task given. A tip I would give is don't feel scared or pressured in any way when interviewing with MongoDB, simply be yourself and do the best you can. It might seem a bit of a long process, but it's been the best one I had so far.

Interview Questions
  • What hardware would you focus on when building a server that hosts a db for video streaming?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about MongoDB