Cover image for MongoDB

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

MongoDB Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 58 of over 934 interviews

Recruiter23%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Atlanta, GA) in Jul 2022

Interview

Started it off with a call with the recruiter to go over the role and salary expectations. We also went over my experience at a high level. Next, had a call with the hiring manager to further into what the role entails and my experience. After the call with the hiring manager, i had a discussion with a "peer" who asked some situational questions and how i would handle certain situations. Final round was a mock onboarding call which lasted 40 minutes followed by a 20 minute feedback session. They also offer a 30 min prep session with a peer.

Interview Questions
  • How did you turn around a difficult account?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Chicago, IL) in Apr 2022

Interview

The interview was the perfect mix of challenging your skill set while getting the chance to let your personality come through. Process was a recruiter screening. Manager interview Peer interview with challenge proof Challenge interview Then a few calls with other people on the team to get a sense of personality fit.

Interview Questions
  • Coming from a different industry, what is your plan to get up to speed.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about MongoDB

Join the conversation on

Tech

453.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=MongoDB~433703
Join the conversation on

MongoDB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in Apr 2022

Interview

Took around 4 weeks to complete the interview process - Recruiter Interview: Typical screening call - Hiring Manager Interview: Question surrounding your background, careers and experience - Peer Proof Point: I was provided with a customer case beforehand. You'll have to demonstrate you understanding of the products, the benefits and the reason why MongoDB technology was chosen. - Regional Sales Director interview: Casual chat with the local sales team manager. - CSM Challenge: 40 min demo of a MongoDB product. Recruiter will provide guidelines, demo instructions for candidates to prepare for the interview. 2 prep calls with you peers were arranged prior to the interview to help you prep for the demo.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MongoDB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in Apr 2022

Interview

- Initial interview with hiring manager to evaluate the role and job opportunity - Interview with HR agent on general terms of the job - Interview with a team member to get deeper understanding - Challenge interview with demo presentation of the MongoDB Atlas platform

Interview Questions
  • - Motivation why Customer Success Manager - Previous experiences - Demo presentation of the MongoDB Atlas platform

MongoDB

Application

I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

Went through complete interview process, was told job was put on hold and they would reach out in two weeks. Followed up with interview 4 times and was ghosted. I am writing this review in February 2022 and interview took place in July 2021…have yet to hear back from them…

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Ciudad de Mexico

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Ciudad de Mexico) in Feb 2022

Interview

The process consists in 4 interviews. The first one is with the Recruiter, a nice talk just to know me and know if I match with company culture and with the position goals. Then a meeting with the person who would be my manager to know more about the KPIs and the details of the position. He also made some questions about me and my experience. The third one was a "peer and proof point session" where I met a peer, ask him some doubts I had for the position and also perform proof point, a 20 min window to discuss about an use case they provided me prior the interview. For the fourth session I had to be prepared for the challenge, they provided me materials prior the interview and also scheduled a prior session with my peer to solve any doubt I would've during the preparation. This challenge was a mock onboarding session with the customer and it helped me to understand the kind of interactions i would have with the customers. I should say that all the process was clear and with enough time to prepare each of the sessions, all the persons that interviewed me where super cool and clear of their feedback. Another important thing to mention is that they always considered my availability due to my work duties in this moment

Interview Questions
  • What are your expectations of the role? Why did you decide to participate? How did you know about the req? What do you know about MongoDB?

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2022

Interview

The whole interview process was very well structured and enough time was given to prepare. The peers i was involved with, have been very flexible when it comes to scheduling timetables and helped me prepare for the interviews as well in an efficient way. Looking at the Interview Process I can only recommend MongoDB. It was the best process I have experienced so far in my professional work life. The interview itself was very difficult and you can expect a lot of preparation and tricky questions - it is also the most difficult interview process I had so far. So better be prepared!

Interview Questions
  • Very technical and product specific questions - however you get enough preparation time and info to prepare for it. Last step includes a role-play.

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at MongoDB (São Paulo, São Paulo) in Feb 2022

Interview

The interview was divided into 4 phases, the first three related to my background, what I'm looking for, and because MongoDB and the last one was a presentation to defend a business case and make new workload discoveries

Interview Questions
  • Why MongoDB? What is a good strategy to migrate on premises workload to Atlas?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in Dec 2021

Interview

I've had some time to appropriately reflect on the interview process and here are my thoughts: -I was referred by a MongoDB employee for a Sr. CSM role and the internal recruiter called to let me know that my non-IT background was making them apprehensive. She asked if I would like to be considered for the lower level CSM role. I'd heard such wonderful things about MongoDB, so I obliged, despite the salary being significantly lower than what I was currently earning AND lower than industry standard for a technical CSM. I also figured I would negotiate for a higher salary when the time came. -I prepared for two rounds of interviews (one with a peer, one with the hiring manager). Both went very well. -In preparation for the last presentation round, I shared my templated deck with my peer mentor and walked her through my talk track. I felt that, at the time, she was very receptive and impressed. In retrospect, I wish she would have been more forthcoming with actionable feedback. -I thought my presentation went really well. My product demo (spinning up a cluster) was great. The feedback I received was that I had great technical acumen and brought amazing energy. They did give me some constructive feedback, mostly that they wished I dove deeper with the customer personas, which was fair. -It took awhile for them to get back to me -- over a week. Once I tracked down the recruiter, she told me that although they really liked me, they didn't think I did enough "customer discovery" during my presentation and that I focused too much on the technical demo. I felt that it was an unfair piece of feedback given the inconsistent messaging about my lack of technical skills at the very beginning of the process. I made sure to focus a lot of my efforts on the technical piece because of their apprehension, and it ended up costing me the role. -The recruiter told me there *may* be some open roles -- not in the CSM realm -- where they could potentially see me fitting in, but that nothing was scoped yet. I felt like she offered this olive branch to lessen the blow because my interview was actually very good and they probably found someone they could pay less & mold to their liking. Some general feedback: -The process took way too long. I was being strung along for over a month. -It seemed like they were apprehensive about me from the beginning. I think this created an unfair bias. -Overall, I did not think they were clear about presentation objectives. All's well that ends well. Not only did it motivate me to be more technical, but I am now working at AWS as a technical CSM. The pay is substantially higher, and the opportunities are abundant. Thanks for not choosing me, I guess!

Interview Questions
  • -Recruiter screen -Peer interview -HM interview -Peer pre-presentation discussion -60 min presentation and feedback discussion

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MongoDB (Dublin, Dublin)

Interview

I was very impressed with the interview process at MongoDB. The process began with a 30 minute call with the recruiter who asked me about my experience and outlined the role. After that, I had a call with the hiring manager, then a peer interview with a member of the team (including the discussion of a customer use case) and finally a mock onboarding call with two managers and a peer. Everyone throughout the interview process was positive and friendly and explained the role and the steps really well. Every step in the process made sense and was highly relevant to the role. I found the interviews to be fair and the product research I carried out to prepare for the interviews has put me in a good position for the role itself.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about MongoDB? Which metrics were you measured on in your previous role? What are the most important qualities of a CSM?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Interviews