MongoDB Interview Questions in Dublin, Co. Dublin | Glassdoor

MongoDB Interview Questions in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Long hiring process with many stages. Required a presentation called the challenge, which lived up to it's name!

Recommend you spend a long time preparing, and focus on customer needs in the presentation, not products

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MongoDB (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2013.

Interview

I took part with 2 phone interviews. 1st interview was just to introduce myself and the recruiter. A quick tour on my career, interests, aicnd what MongoDB is looking for. It was not challenging at all.

2nd interview was supposed to be a technical interview and it was. Since I come from Java world the most of the questions were Java related. All of them were very easy for me to answer and I did not find this interview challenging whatsoever.

The problem here is that they were not interested in continuation, which is quite difficult to understand for me. It seems that this was pure waste of time, maybe they just make their statistics on number of interviewed persons. This just does not make sense to me. Overall experience with this company is very poor because even I asked for some feedback they just ignored me.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2013.

Interview

Made it to the second phone interview with 10gen.
    The first interview was a very chilled out interview and it is hard to judge how well you have done because it doesn't seem as a proper interview.

They asked questions about your career and about me. There are no technical questions at this point.

The second interview on the other hand is a different story.
    They ask you questions that are technical but they are the type of questions that you can really only "show" your answers, by this i mean you ideally need to be next to them on a computer to show how to carry out the steps.

The questions are convoluted and story-based.

I felt it was unfair to expect someone to be able to put across their technical expertise over the phone with these type of questions.

During the interview I was told that 10gen have a "ten" interview process.

This is ridiculous.

Who has time for 10 interviews?

Interview Questions

• This company is a database company, you should know your database technologies. No unexpected questions, just really convoluted questions and hard to decipher and put your technical expertise over the phone.   Answer Question