MongoDB Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MongoDB Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

It started with a phone interview to gauge interest & basic qualifications. After that, another phone interview, this time with some coding (where the hiring manager watched me code in real time). They liked what they saw, so they invited me in for an in-person interview.

In-person, they gave me a few puzzles to make sure that I'm competent with what I'm doing. Several interviewers were more interested in a fit interview, which I took to be a good sign. The interview ended up going over, though I had to leave, so I came back for a second-round interview with one of the technical executives, who gave me some more puzzles, this time a little more rigorous.

They checked my references pretty thoroughly (or so I hear), and the job offer came. Total time was maybe 2 months, just because the pre-screen with the recruiter & the phone interviews took awhile.

Interview Questions

• What is your database experience? Once they determined that I knew some SQL, they asked me to put together a few queries to demonstrate that I knew what I was talking about.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MongoDB

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (San Francisco, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

As a member of the open source community working with frameworks based on the product I already had a lot of experience and interaction with many people in the company. This lead to an interview and discussions about jobs before that. The interview involved multiple meetings with engineering folk and managers which resulted in a job offer. We then went and back with multiple responses before the offer was accepted. The whole process seem labored and unprofessional (informal) in many ways.

Interview Questions

• How much water is on the planet (earth)?   4 Answers