MongoDB Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MongoDB Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavioral Interview - who you are, why you want to intern there, etc. It was a standard interview that didn't have any trick questions - either you clicked with the culture and interviewer or you didn't. I don't know much about the later processes though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MongoDB

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a thirty minute phone screen with a college recruiter.

I was then asked to schedule a 45 minute technical phone interview which was then done with a software engineer over codepen with time at the end to ask him questions about his job and the company

The last round was three back to back one hour technical interviews over video chat with time at the end of each to ask interviewer questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online a month or two ago and was emailed by a recruiter to set up a phone screen. The recruiter asked some behavioral and semi-technical questions - not too hard. Next, there was a technical phone screen interview; there were general data structures and algorithm questions.

There were three interviewers in the final round interviews. The first was technical, but more focused on problem solving and data structures knowledge. The second was behavioral, probably to determine if I was a cultural fit. The third one was technical and had an online coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• Implement DFS/BFS for a binary search tree.   Answer Question
    • You are given a histogram plot. If rain "falls" on top of the histogram plot and gets trapped in between the bars, what is the area of the trapped rain water?   Answer Question
    • How do you balance a binary tree without using a self-balancing algorithm like the ones Red-Black Trees and AVL trees use?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was emailed the next day with an offer of a phone interview. That interview was short (<30 minutes) and very simple. Questions were about my experience with MongoDB, my resume, and my programming background. There were no technical questions, nor any of the standard, terrible "what's your greatest weakness" interview questions, which was great. At the end of interview, I asked about next steps, and was told that I would be moving on to the technical phone screen.

The technical phone screen happened a couple of weeks later, and was about 45 minutes. We talked about my resume, (the interviewer wanted to clarify some things about one of my previous experiences) and how I got interested in computer science.

Then, we moved to an online code collaboration platform, and spend the bulk of the interview there. Unfortunately, I got flustered, and spent the entire interview on the first (very easy) question. There was a chance for me to ask questions at the end, but at that point I knew I had failed, so I wrapped it up quickly, and got my rejection by email two days later.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of numbers, get all possible pairs of numbers. What is your solution's time complexity?   1 Answer
    • What's something you dislike about your favorite programming language?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MongoDB (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied through University Career fair. A week later got a Phone behavioral and technical interview with common questioning running through your resume. A few days later was notified that the position was already filled by a more suitable candidate but was instructed to reapply in the future.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in October 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and we had a short phone call to talk about my interests and experience, the position, and my potential fit. The recruiter gave me a lot of information about the teams and intern program, but she sounded really unenthusiastic and tired, like she was just going through the motions.

Next was a 45-minute technical phone screen. This interviewer was also very cold and unfriendly. I was asked conceptual data structures, OS, and database questions. Then I was given 3 light coding problems. The interviewer was completely silent after asking a question, even when it was clear I was struggling or confused. He sounded bored like he wanted the interview to be over. He didn't comment on the solutions or answers I provided after I did them either, so I had no indication of how I was doing. The days of the one-way interview are over, it's as much an interview of the company as it is of the candidate! The experience left a bad taste in my mouth of the type of people who work at MongoDB and I won't be applying again.

Interview Questions

• Do you have database experience? How do other databases differ from MongoDB?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Behavioral and technical phone screen. Followed by 3 back to back onsite interviews. First onsite is more behavioral, second and third are technical. The interviewers are very friendly and the questions are not too difficult, but stay calm and talk through your thought process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MongoDB in January 2015.

Interview

I received a technical interview over the phone. The interviewer, a software engineer, was kind, helpful, and gave useful feedback at the end. I did not receive a phone call afterwards, but an email indicating that I did not get an offer.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for initial screen, and then contacted for a technical phone interview. The process took 3 weeks, and email responses took a couple of days each time, feedback after interview took about a week. Good experience with HR and good interview experience overall,

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Applied online and heard back a month or two later. First had a phone screen where we discussed my resume and I was told I would have a technical interview. During the technical interview I was asked a couple OOP questions and then asked two coding questions. The first was easier than the second and in the second after I wrote the solution we worked through it to try and reduce the time complexity.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions, I was asked to rank my relative experience in different languages and then choose one to write in.   Answer Question