MongoDB Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

MongoDB Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jan 14, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard phone interview. Recruiter will contact you to set up a time to talk over the phone. Very friendly, but asked me to clarify my graduation date four times. Got back within the week, I got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to quit your current job to work at MongoDB   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone call with the recruiter, who said she would circulate my resume around the various teams to see if there was any interest. The recruiter got back to me very quickly saying that there was no interest from the team. I found out later that she had also signed me up for a barrage of MongoDB marketing emails, which was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

MongoDB Response

Dec 14, 2016 – Social Recruiting and Employer Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We apologize you were accidentally signed up to receive emails. If you could visit http://go.mongodb.com/unsubscribe we'd be happy to unsubscribe ... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Dropped of my resume at my university's career fair. Contacted a couple of weeks later by email for a phone screen with a recruiter. Advanced to 45 minute technical phone interview (online coding). Contacted the next day inviting me to come to MongoDB's office for on-site technical interviews. Three one-hour interviews. One chatting about myself and technical discussion, then the other two interview were whiteboard coding challenges.

Interview Questions

• Standard string and array manipulation problems, (comparable to easy-to-medium difficulty on leetcode.com).   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a general interview at first. Where I was asked about my experience and background. After that round I had a technical phone/online interview where I was asked about the projects that I worked on which were relevant to them.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

As far as most AE interviews go, this was pretty on par. I spoke with the team's director a few times before meeting him in person and then moving on to a call with the global head of corporate sales.

Upon learning that I had qualified for the next round, I came in for a group setting interview and gave a presentation. Fairly painless process, though there is some pressure given that I came from outside of the database industry. Everyone was extremely nice, gave thoughtful/honest feedback, and were reachable in case I had questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Screen, then technical phone interview. easy-medium leetcode question.
    On-site following that. lunch with full time engineers then 3 technical interviews. Mix of design/coding questions + resume questions. They care about culture a lot, on top of perfect answers to tech questions. They want enthusiasm, but it's ok if you've never used MongoDB before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Process took roughly 1 and a half months. Applied online, had a phone interview and then a technical interview through Skype. Went to NYC for the final round of interviews onsite. Experience was great, the people were very kind and friendly, the technical questions weren't incredibly challenging but a few of them were unique and a little tricky. Definitely got stumped at one point during one of the onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• Given a collection of coordinates on a 2D graph, find a pair of coordinates that form a line such that the rest of the coordinates are evenly distributed on both sides of that line.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter responded in a few days. Went through 2 phone interviews. The on site. Questions were not the difficult. Mostly related the the position I was applying. 4 rounds of interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The MongoDB interview process was great. I had a technical phone screen, two onsite technical interviews, and one onsite interview with a product manager.

My recruiters were very friendly and I got to tour the office. They asked challenging questions in the technical interviews, and the engineers were very friendly. My product manager interview was literally with one of the chief architects, which was awesome pretty freaking awesome.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Very smooth process with strong support from recruiting coordinators. I had two phone interviews with the hiring manager and her boss - both very information though a bit short on time. Large focus on questions you have for them.

After that, I had one half day of interviews where I met 4-5 other people from the team. All extremely nice, organized, and courteous.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Expect basic "walk me through your resume," behavioral, and hypothetical questions.   Answer Question