Cover image for MongoDB

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

MongoDB Regional Director of Sales Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 934 interviews

Employee Referral29%
3.9
HardAverageEasy

MongoDB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

Very professional process from the beginning to end. The expectations were laid out clearly from the beginning, and the recruitment team guided me flawlessly through the different interview steps. The process required a lot of research and preparation.

Interview Questions
  • How would you ensure the right enablement of your team?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Tysons Corner, VA) in Apr 2022

Interview

Very thorough process. Met with the hiring manager for an initial screen, then was invited to speak with a few of my potential peers on the team. Went through an aptitude test that took about 1-1.5 hours. Not terribly difficult, but take it seriously. Panel interview with the hiring manager and skip level manager on hiring, coaching, and management style. Round robin interview. Followed that with two skip level interview with the AVP. First was on process and my work history. Second was more instructional on how the comp plan works and how my comp would look if they made an offer. They want to make sure you are going to be willing to accept an offer before they send you to challenge, which I felt was appropriate. Save everyone time by making sure the interest and intent is real on both sides. Challenge focused on who and how I would recruit and planning focused. Took about 5-10 hours to prepare appropriately. At the challenge there were 3 RVPs, my AVP, and the SVP. The questions were direct and challenging, but if you prepared you justifications for the decisions you made and have good instincts about what could happen, you will find it a positive experience. Received the offer 30 minutes later.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think are the most important characteristics of a potential hire? How would you work with a rep that is not meeting expectations? How do you inspire your team to have consistent effort and results? What is your approach to pipeline generation with your team?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about MongoDB

Join the conversation on

Tech

468.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=MongoDB~433703
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Austin, TX) in Mar 2022

Interview

4 interviews and a Challenge/Presentation. The challenge is accurately named- you will have a chance to showcase your though process and skillset that brought you to the interview process in the first place.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (São Paulo, São Paulo) in Mar 2022

Interview

I think the process was challenging, and at the same time, it shows how MongoDB cares about bringing the best people to the company. I had four interviews with the following members: HR, Hiring Manager, VP of the region, and Pre-Sales Director. As the final step, I was invited for a challenge in which I had to present to everyone who interviewed me, plus the WW SVP for Corporate Sales.

Interview Questions
  • Overall, MongoDB wants to understand your thought process on sales, recruiting, and retaining people. Highly advise people to come prepared.

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (São Paulo, São Paulo) in Mar 2022

Interview

The interview process was intense and very structures but at the same time it was also motivating and made me feel more engaged with the company because of all the research I had to do to prepare for each step. By the end of it I was also committed to the company and super sold on the culture, people and mission.

Interview Questions
  • 1. How will you go about learning a more complex technological product? 2. What is your strategy to ensure accountability? 3. Elevator Pitch on MongoDB Atlas ...

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at MongoDB (Toledo, OH) in Jul 2021

Interview

It was a thorough process that provided transparency and candor to the expectations of role and cause worthy-challenges in front of the entire organization, along with visibility to organization vision and structure.

Interview Questions
  • What are you looking for in your next professional role and company?

Anonymous Employee in Madrid

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MongoDB (Madrid) in May 2019

Interview

Some first contacts on the phone, an online assessment, Six 1:1 on site interviews with different sales executives up to the CRO, and a 2 hours role-play presentation.

Interview Questions
  • What are the challenges ahead in that position?
  • What is your understanding of MongoDB? Market opportunity, and unique differentiators

Popular Careers with MongoDB Job Seekers