Cover image for MongoDB

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

MongoDB Sales Development Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 933 interviews

Interviews at MongoDB

Positive71%
Negative29%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at MongoDB (Austin, TX) in Jun 2019

Interview

SDR Challenge interview: Account Strategy powerpoint Role Play Scenario Operational Strategy Feedback One hour and thirty minute interview. Received positive feedback on what I did well and what I can improve on. Really welcoming team that want you to do well and are not there to trick you.

Interview Questions
  • What value added would you be able to bring to the team at MongoDB?
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

MongoDB

Application

I interviewed at MongoDB in Jul 2018

Interview

I had the initial call with the recruiter which said that she would like to put me through to the next step, interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was on holidays and recruiter promised she would contact me and schedule an interview right after his return. Even though I sent a follow up email I was completely ignored

Interview Questions
  • Why you, why mongodb? Tell me more about the experience, background etc
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about MongoDB

Join the conversation on

Tech

408.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=MongoDB~433703
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Dublin, Dublin) in Jun 2018

Interview

The process began with a screening interview conducted by a recruiter. After that, further interviews were conducted by the sales team manager and an executive in New York. Then I was invited to give an on-site presentation in Dublin. I found all people involved from MongoDB to be quick in their responses, forthcoming and courteous. The instructions for the on-site presentation were clear and I enjoyed putting it together. I also received feedback on how to improve the presentation which was helpful.

Interview Questions
  • Why this Company? What unique service does MongoDB offer? How would you sell this product?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Dublin, Dublin)

Interview

This was genuinely the best interview process I've been in. For starters, the initial call with the sales recruiter was great. She was extremely friendly and instantly put me at ease. While the process in general was long, everyone I spoke to was really nice and friendly. At no point did I feel anyone was trying to catch me out or ask purposely difficult questions. The process consisted of 4 calls with different managers and a final onsite presentation and role play. The final round was honestly not too bad provided you have done some prep for it. They also offered a 30min informal prep call with the hiring manager prior to it- which is really helpful. The process is long but I guess they want to make sure you are keen on the company as they invest a lot in you (bootcamp in NY for example). If you are serious about working in mongoDB and prepared to do a bit of research then it should be fine.

Interview Questions
  • why sales? why mongoDB? why the industry? If you have some good answers to these questions then you are off to a good start.
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB (Austin, TX) in Aug 2017

Interview

3 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. 1st call is with a recruiter 2nd and 3rd call are with Sales Managers (Your future bosses) 1st in person interview: You meet with 3 key members of the sales team. These are one on one . Very easy and conversational. 2nd in person interview is a "sales challenge". They send you a case study the day before, then you do a role playing exercise with 3/4 of the sales team. They want to see how you qualify/ask questions Overall this process is very drawn out and repetitive. You're hiring an SDR..not the director of sales. You will have the same conversation 6 times over the course of this process. Also they tend to ghost people during the process..Emailed/called multiple people with no response. Very unprofessional considering how much work they make you do.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB (Dublin, Dublin)

Interview

Long hiring process with many stages. Required a presentation called the challenge, which lived up to it's name! Recommend you spend a long time preparing, and focus on customer needs in the presentation, not products

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Austin, TX) in Apr 2016

Interview

I had three phone interviews (the first one was with the lead recruiter, then the SDR manager, and then the director of worldwide sales). I was then invited to go on-site. The on-site interview lasted four hours and included 1-1 interviews and an SDR challenge, which consisted of a presentation and mock discovery call in front of a current SDR, the SDR manager, and director of worldwide sales. I was asked to speak to one more sales director the following day before receiving an offer. The interviews were thorough, low pressure and centered around ensuring both parties got the most out of the conversations. The most challenging part of the process was the SDR challenge, but I think it’s designed that way to weed out people who aren’t willing to put in work to get the job done. The things that set MongoDB apart from the other companies I was looking at were: - Everyone I spoke to was incredibly passionate about MongoDB and where they see the company going. - They all took pride in the fact that they’re all really good at their jobs. Working hard and excelling at one's job seems to be a requirement there. - The people I spoke to were transparent in ways they didn’t have to be and I loved that (most companies talk about transparency but the people at MongoDB walked the walk)

Interview Questions
  • Why MongoDB? Why sales? What are your hobbies? Tons of questions about my background, interests, sales processes, and goals.
12 people found this interview helpful